What a mess we are

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What a mess we are

Post by Selby White »

Who is the right manager ?

Is it a young up and coming type that we gamble on or an experienced person ? Something I can't answer.

We've arguably only found that person twice in the Clubs history.
Still we all live in hope that the next man is the one to find the path to glory.

Cellino or not and whoever we have as coach i will start the season as optimistic as I ever. Despite seeing us through the Dons and Wilko periods I've still seen more disappointments that success but refuse to let it dampen my hopes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

The whole manager debacle is a farce.

I hope Cellino keeps his promise and leaves next season when he fails to get us promotion owing to him continually mucking up any form of consistency and driving fans apart and players away.

I have always felt in the middle about Cellino but I think now he needs to go. The club needs stability for a chance of success. Cellino is incapable of this.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

He also promised he would sell this year :lol:
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Don't believe anything he says, his past comments show he has flimsy relationship with the truth.
superwhites
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by superwhites »

MC will come back from Italy with some 3rd division manager in the hope he will the next Revie :wtf:
No decent English manager will touch us
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

All Fans ever want is an owner who is at the very worst trying his best to get a club moving forward, this includes the playing and managerial side of the club. If the club is run properly and there's some transparency between the fans and the owner(s) and so long as we see efforts on the pitch we can't really make any complaints with it. In truth we haven't got that under Cellino. We have a team yes who are so inconsistent it beggars belief why we weren't closer to the relegation the season just passed. We have an owner who says one thing one minute and does the compete opposite the next. We were already the laughing stock of English Football before Cellino came along under the Bates regime but Cellino has us firmly in the number one spot for laughing stock of Europe. Managers (coaches) Higher leagues or lower don't wish to work with him, would you really blame them? I know i certainly wouldn't work with Cellino I'd be afraid of the prison time i'd get for the damage i'd do to him if he treated me the way he has many of our staff.

Iv'e grown tired of it all. Fans just want to see a good honest effort at producing a team that can challenge, to have some confidence instilled into the team and above all some well needed stability. if we lost every match and we were a hard working side i'd accept it more because its done with an honest days work from top to bottom. We are at this point only a toy and certainly Cellino has consistently been throwing his rattle out of the pram far too much. I dread next season already.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I could see this getting some momentum......

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7941135
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just read that Cellino could possibly be banned from all football matters over the Ross McCormack transfer.

Owner and president of Leeds United Massimo Cellino could be suspended from all footballing activity in the next few days, according to ​Yorkshire Post.

The suspension is related to charges of an alleged illegal payment regarding the transfer of striker Ross McCormack to Fulham back in July 2014. Leeds United and McCormack's agent Derek Day are also being accused of breaching FA rules, with the organisation giving United until Friday to officially respond to the allegations.

The payment in question was in excess of £185,000 that the club agreed to pay Derek Day following the completion of the Scottish striker's transfer, however the charges are in reference to the fact that all parties involved knew that Day was scheduled to give the fee to Scottish boxing promoter Barry Hughes

Hughes isn't licensed by the FA, whose official rules stipulate "a club must not directly or indirectly make any payments to any unauthorised agent in respect of any agency activity". Despite being one of the central figures in the fiasco, McCormack himself is not being accused of any wrongdoing.

Cellino originally stated that he was "confused" about the allegations as he didn't believe he had done anything wrong. Alongside the potential suspension, the club would likely receive a large fine for their involvement in the case.

This isn't the first indiscretion made by the controversial Cellino whose reign as owner at Elland Road continues to shrouded in controversy
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY 2h2 hours ago
The next hearing is due in IS Arenas case in Cagliari this morning. Cellino, amongst those accused of embezzlement & other charges. #Lufc

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY 13m13 minutes ago

@ChiaraZammitti It looks like Giovanni "Johnny Coconuts" Coco & Giorgio Altieri are there representing Cellino today.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Giovanni "Johnny Coconuts" Coco & Giorgio Altieri
I remember them ...