ST sales initiative

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: ST sales initiative

Post by Selby White »

Verloc wrote:
1964white wrote:
Verloc wrote:
1964white wrote:
Verloc wrote:Club has announced ST sales have hit 12,000 mark today - close to last season's total. Tomorrow is final day to be eligible for the 'offer'.
So without the offer we'd have sold nowhere near the 12/13k mark

Credit to MC for the initiative
I think the club will be pleased with the 12k they've reached so far. I would say the offer has worked. In my opinion, we'd have been down to 8/9k without it.
Indeed would have been around the 8/9k mark :thumbup: If we sell the same amount as last season we'll make less profit once the 15% refunds are paid back

Our season-ticket sales are generally poor in comparison to some of the other championship clubs such as Derby, Brighton & Norwich, they are obviously conducting their business correctly
25% refunds, but I think the club needed the money ASAP. They'll worry about the refunds in 12 months time.
What makes you think we needed money ?
Tax bill ?
Players not paid ?

Just think we are trying to attract new fans, not seen anything concrete to convince me different on this issue.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

1964white wrote:
Verloc wrote:
1964white wrote:
Verloc wrote:Club has announced ST sales have hit 12,000 mark today - close to last season's total. Tomorrow is final day to be eligible for the 'offer'.

I think the club will be pleased with the 12k they've reached so far. I would say the offer has worked. In my opinion, we'd have been down to 8/9k without it.
Indeed would have been around the 8/9k mark :thumbup: If we sell the same amount as last season we'll make less profit once the 15% refunds are paid back

Our season-ticket sales are generally poor in comparison to some of the other championship clubs such as Derby, Brighton & Norwich, they are obviously conducting their business correctly
I believe our ST sales are 'poor' (have always been poor?) because much of our support travels umpteen miles from all over the country to get to ER not because we're badly run. Most clubs in our league (all leagues) draw their fans from the local area. Lufc is unique, Leeds City is incredibly cosmopolitan and despite what people say it's not a one club city. Historically, we play rugby in and around Leeds - Hunslet, Fev, Cas, Batley, Bramley, Wakefield and Rhinos of course who are a bigger rugby club than Bournemouth (for instance) is a football club. When blokes came up out of the pits they either bowled fast or played rugby - body shape I expect. No other big UK city is comparable to Leeds. Many local fans support both Lufc & RL and no doubt pick their games accordingly.

leeds also sits at the top of the industrial belt, nowt beyond us other than the most beautiful Yorkshire countryside and a spa until you get to Boro. The likes of the Mancs sit in the middle of things. The lack of football competition is also an issue - if you live in Sheffield, say, and mix with the other lot at work, telling them you're not renewing would lead to hoots of derision. Derby have a natural enemy. We don't.

Other clubs, Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich for example also carry the flag for the whole of their county. They're just not comparable with lufc.

This year's ST initiative is to be commended if it attracts a new generation of support, it looks as though it might be.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Verloc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Verloc »

Selby White wrote:
Verloc wrote:
1964white wrote:
Verloc wrote:
1964white wrote:

25% refunds, but I think the club needed the money ASAP. They'll worry about the refunds in 12 months time.
What makes you think we needed money ?
Tax bill ?
Players not paid ?

Just think we are trying to attract new fans, not seen anything concrete to convince me different on this issue.
The club is continuing to lose money (£1m per month according to some). MC himself has said 2016 accounts will be worse than 2015 accounts (where we made a loss). It's the close season - bills (inc wages) have to be paid in May, June, July - no income coming in. I'm sure we do owe HMRC, but then there's the innumerable court cases. We've got millions to pay Macron, Gibbs, Ward, the FA, Enterprise on the horizon.

I hope I've answered your question.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Just to emphasize Mellor's point

Brighton - Nearly 23,000 fans have demonstrated their support for Chris Hughton’s team by renewing their seats despite missing promotion.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

1964white wrote:Just to emphasize Mellor's point

Brighton - Nearly 23,000 fans have demonstrated their support for Chris Hughton’s team by renewing their seats despite missing promotion.
Brighton are a strange phenomenon - no idea how much their STs are, are they cheap? Is it still classed as London on sea and do they draw a lot of support from there? No doubt someone will know.

No two clubs are alike is my point - just look at the Mancs, two whopping great cities to draw on separated by no more than a canal and the Irwell. One has the history of the Busby Babes and then Best Law Charlton, the other has the incentive to escape the traditionally bigger clubs shadow. Unfettered capitalism - competition :D
attacco decente
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Unread postby Mellor » 28 minutes ago

1964white wrote:

Brighton are a strange phenomenon - no idea how much their STs are, are they cheap? Is it still classed as London on sea and do they draw a lot of support from there? No doubt someone will know.

No two clubs are alike is my point - just look at the Mancs, two whopping great cities to draw on separated by no more than a canal and the Irwell. One has the history of the Busby Babes and then Best Law Charlton, the other has the incentive to escape the traditionally bigger clubs shadow. Unfettered capitalism - competition :D

Brighton`s STs aren`t that cheap, around £450 to £500 I think, they have a big support from surrounding towns like Eastbourne, Hastings, Worthing, Lewes and Horsham areas. It is known as little London Mellor, a lot of affluent people living there and wanting to live there. A good place to visit as its always busy with something going on.
Verloc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Verloc »

They do keep reaching the play-offs though, and make it look like they are really trying to achieve promotion. Unlike LUFC who constantly flounder around in the lower reaches of the Championship.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Re: ST sales initiative
Unread postby Mellor » 28 minutes ago

1964white wrote:

Brighton`s STs aren`t that cheap, around £450 to £500 I think, they have a big support from surrounding towns like Eastbourne, Hastings, Worthing, Lewes and Horsham areas. It is known as little London Mellor, a lot of affluent people living there and wanting to live there. A good place to visit as its always busy with something going on.
So the club pretty much represents 'Sussex' in the way Sunderland represent Co Durham.

I've had a couple of days out in Brighton LASC, The Lanes, Royal Pavillion etc. Nice part of the world.

Bit like Fulham, the club seems to attract more than its share of celebrity fans. I seem to remember attendances rose with the move to the new stadium. Fair play to 'em.
attacco decente
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I can't get to games but was thinking about getting a season ticket. It seems such a good deal that I didn't want to miss out on it. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Verloc wrote:

They do keep reaching the play-offs though, and make it look like they are really trying to achieve promotion. Unlike LUFC who constantly flounder around in the lower reaches of the Championship.
As with Derby who wasted no time in employing Nigel Pearson.....yes i know the rams mess up on a regular basis however their board do show some ambition & appear to be an organised club unlike LUFC who right now are probably in the midst of replacing our current manager with a coach having less credential/league experience than Evans :crazy: