Steve Evans Leaves Leeds United

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Steve Evans Leaves Leeds United

Post by blackbox2342 »

Some very civil comments from Evans here on his sacking http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... Leeds-news
He said: "If you're a club owner, you have the final say. You are duty bound to everyone at that football club.

"If Mr Cellino, who had an option to extend my contract, sees fit to go and speak to another people.

"One was he doing it because he doubted me, or two was he doing it because he wanted to see if there was something better in the market?

"I believe it was the second one of those two."

When asked if he felt undermined by Cellino, Evans added: "No. not at all.

"It is the duty on an owner to make sure they have the best people in the role."
Verloc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Verloc »

johnh wrote:Cellino has this idea that he is a football genius and continually needs to prove it. He will employ a coach who doesn't appear on any ones radar. He (or her) will be either foreign or if not, then a totally unexpected name. Either way they will be gone before Christmas. A mid-table finish will be a good result next season.
But surely after 24 years he has disproven it? He is absolutely bloody useless at anything he touches. His money has been given to him by his dad. He is simply one of the thickest idiots I have ever come across.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Went for a pint there in my local and big Sammy the "Welt" our barman and manager of the pub team was away, wouldn't tell anyone where but he was spotted boarding the Belfast to Leeds Bradford flight with a copy of his CV. BB get a fiver on big Sammy the "Welt" as the next LUFC manager.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:BB get a fiver on big Sammy the "Welt" as the next LUFC manager.
Can't see any odds for him pal :D, but Monk is now heavy odds on at 1/6.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote:Evans just done an interview on SKY Sports, no idea how to put it up on here but, dignified to the end.
Disgusted with the way Evans has been treated, he deserves much better. Typical Cellino, no doubt he has some no-mark lined up. And people wonder why i'm not prepared to pay money upfront to watch Leeds United, the money has already gone into my holiday pot, a much worthy & enjoyable cause !
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

There is absolutely no chuffing way that Garry Monk will be taking the job as head coach of Leeds United.

He's a highly intelligent, reasonable and considered man who is painstaking in his methods and thoughtful in his approach.

Whoever came up with his name is deluded and wrong. End of.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

...and in true Cellino style he didn't tell Evans himself but got someone else to do it for him. Just the kind of cowardice and lack of decency we have come to expect. So now we face into June with no management team, no academy head, no recruitment head, no goalkeeping coach, no transfer or scouting plan, no contract extensions agreed with our young stars, no preseason and no chance of success. What an absolute moron this man is.
Good luck Steve Evans. You were no world beater but you did OK and deserved much better.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Brace yourselves for an unknown manager.
Someone as cheap as chips and who won't ask for any players.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

We knew it was the most likely outcome... but I'm still annoyed. Just cannot see why Cellino thinks a change now will help us progress especially since the two he appeared to want turned him down. I'm now very pessimistic that next season will be any different to the last 4 or 5 with the one caveat that I do still believe we only need to add a few quality players to the squad and any coach ought to then have a squad capable, at it's best of beating most in the Championship. Key for me is now that we do not now sell Cook or Taylor, we get in those 4 or 5 quality players, experienced and proven players, and a coach with proven organisational and motivational qualities.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

Evans leaving with dignity and class; a clear sign that he really wasn't the right man for Cellino's Leeds United.

I will be placing my bet on 2 managers and a below 10th finish for 2016/17 in the morning, easy money!