Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2747

Re: Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Otherworld wrote:I can't see how Evans and Cellino could work together now, as MC has been so obviously trying to find replacements for the last few weeks. Best now for Evans to move on to better things, and for Cellino to afford him the dignity that he deserves.
I have to say, that Evans is currenty displaying the grit and determination that is needed to manage Leeds in the Championship. Good luck to him.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Garry Monk would be a pretty good appointment, for me. I'd be satisfied with him.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I would like SE given another year (MC Free) but that won't happen. SE should say thank you MC and I hope one of those "many managers wanting the job" come in and do a great job.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

SiMamu wrote:Garry Monk would be a pretty good appointment, for me. I'd be satisfied with him.
Me too

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

Davycc wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Garry Monk would be a pretty good appointment, for me. I'd be satisfied with him.
Me too

I think I would prefer the Mean Machine Monk - who is a little bit Bellusci like in his play and reliability.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Lee Sobot YEP

To me, from Garry Monk's agent, it sounds pretty positive and that Garry would talk if #lufc want him but we'll know more tomorrow #lufclive
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Next Leeds United head coach

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 6h6 hours ago

Nothing to add to Garry Monk rumours. But been told this week that Barnsley no.2 Tommy Wright was sounded out about being Leeds assistant
Initial idea with Wright was that he was be no. 2 to a foreign head coach. Honestly no idea if that's still being considered as an option.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

No real experience or track record of success. His relative success possibly came as a result of him being in the slipstream of momentum as a result of efforts of previous managers, whilst working in a familier stable environment, with a group of players he already had on side.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

isrodger wrote:
No real experience or track record of success. His relative success possibly came as a result of him being in the slipstream of momentum as a result of efforts of previous managers, whilst working in a familier stable environment, with a group of players he already had on side.
I agree with this assessment of Monk, He hasn't got a good track record although in his defense he is still relatively a young manager with something to prove, also a little experience of the Premiership but all in all he isn't giving me anything but the same old same old regarding Cellino appointments which is a temporary stay at the Elland Road hotel in the dugout until November so he can appoint a complete useless manager again and manipulate him into getting no funds for players in January. Reminds me far too much of Bates and how he did the same.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

CorkWhite wrote:
isrodger wrote:
I agree with this assessment of Monk, He hasn't got a good track record although in his defense he is still relatively a young manager with something to prove, also a little experience of the Premiership but all in all he isn't giving me anything but the same old same old regarding Cellino appointments which is a temporary stay at the Elland Road hotel in the dugout until November so he can appoint a complete useless manager again and manipulate him into getting no funds for players in January. Reminds me far too much of Bates and how he did the same.
Have the same feelings about Monk myself , but then I saw Steve Keans name on the betting and all of a sudden Monk seemed a whole lot better .