2016/17 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2016/17 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Alex Purver has signed a new 1 year deal:-

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... nited-stay
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Alex Purver has signed a new 1 year deal:-

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... nited-stay
I don't want Bridcutt or Britton, I want Purver at the base of our midfield - look at that hairstyle, absolutely glorious.

Mulhern - the last of the U21s to pen a new deal - has also signed a 1 year contract.
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... -to-extend

Elsewhere:
Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 4h4 hours ago
Ascoli have confirmed to me this morning that they have exercised the option to sign Tommaso Bianchi. Joins from Leeds on a permanent deal.
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7989365
Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 3h3 hours ago
Ascoli say they negotiated a 'fixed fee' for Bianchi when they first agreed the option to sign him. No indication of how much it is. #lufc
More talk in Italy of Giuseppe Bellusci to Empoli. One to watch by the sounds of things. #lufc
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/30/re ... eadlineday

Reports in Italy suggest Bellusci will leave on a season long loan with the option for a permanent move for 2 million euros.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's all taking shape nicely, if you ask me.

I'm glad Monk's shipping out some of the Italians. They didn't really work out and there's always the suspicion they might be feeding information back to Cellino and we just don't need that.

We must sign two centre-halves now : one experienced and a younger one (Bartley).
Monk should be able to work on Bamba and especially Cooper to cut out some of their mistakes, improve their concentration, etc.

Add another midfielder, winger and a striker and I think we're more or less there, given two or three more of the kids should be pushing for inclusion.

The last remaining position for me is goalkeeper.
While Silvestri is a good shot-stopper, his command of the area and overall "continentalness" (ie tendency to punch, dislike of claiming crosses) worry me and I feel that we'd be better served by another older player in this position.
Someone who's been there, seen it and done it .. so either Robbo or Green.
Just pay them what they're worth and get them in as the number one.
Silvestri can either stay and learn, go on loan or be transferred back to Italy.

We need an experienced spine.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:It's all taking shape nicely, if you ask me.

I'm glad Monk's shipping out some of the Italians. They didn't really work out and there's always the suspicion they might be feeding information back to Cellino and we just don't need that.

We must sign two centre-halves now : one experienced and a younger one (Bartley).
Monk should be able to work on Bamba and especially Cooper to cut out some of their mistakes, improve their concentration, etc.

Add another midfielder, winger and a striker and I think we're more or less there, given two or three more of the kids should be pushing for inclusion.

The last remaining position for me is goalkeeper.
While Silvestri is a good shot-stopper, his command of the area and overall "continentalness" (ie tendency to punch, dislike of claiming crosses) worry me and I feel that we'd be better served by another older player in this position.
Someone who's been there, seen it and done it .. so either Robbo or Green.
Just pay them what they're worth and get them in as the number one.
Silvestri can either stay and learn, go on loan or be transferred back to Italy.

We need an experienced spine.
I think Silvestri will get transferred back to Italy too.

Regarding Cooper, I think Monk could really make something of him and help carve out Cooper's potential.
white viz
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by white viz »

Picking up on your comment about the keeper Rigger, I think Turnbull could do the job, in his games so far he has shown that he can command his area and communicate with his defenders, he also has the experience of Premiership and championship leagues and is around the same age as Green and Robbo. I would use as goalkeeper coach for our younger keepers as well.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I could see Robbo coming back.
I've just got a feeling.

You're probably right - he'd be a player/coach.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay
‏@PhilHayYEP
@lufc_liam @reluctantnicko all I've heard today is that Bartley is in these parts and hoping to do medical tomorrow.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

@PhilHayYEP
A lot being said down south about West Ham moving for Ashley Fletcher. Leeds no further forward with that one. #lufc
white viz
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by white viz »

Read on Sky Sports News that Robbo has signed for another season at Burnley
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Perhaps not the exact thread to put this in, and there may be one or two missing..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/36425471
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.