Season ticket initiative

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Verloc
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: Season ticket initiative

Post by Verloc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Done away with Cat C, I see. :thumbdown:
And still an extra fiver if you buy on matchday, I see. :thumbdown:

There should be no Catergory games in The Championship just one set price. Did we actually have any Catergory C games last season ? I've said time & time again on here the club should be actively be getting fans into the ground, ie kids for a quid or reduced admission for Sky games. I know for a fact that Forest do these initiatives particularly when they're on Sky so there's no rows of empty seats.
3 or 4 Cat C games last season. Hope they use this "Local Promotion" thing a few times this season - other clubs seem to have been doing it for a while now.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Done away with Cat C, I see. :thumbdown:
And still an extra fiver if you buy on matchday, I see. :thumbdown:
That extra £5 is a pain for Me, often I don't know if I can go until the day of the match.

The charge is a joke & I wonder its legality.
Of course it is legal ...... lots of other clubs operate the same system along with numerous tourist attractions both here and abroad.

I've bought my ticket for the Peterborough game on Saturday for £12 ....... the cost on the day is £15.

Last year Mrs MOT1964 bought tickets for my birthday for The Shard in London ....... she paid £25.95 per ticket in advance, on the day it would have cost £30.95.

On holiday in Majorca we paid 24 euros each to visit Palma Aquarium ....... advance tickets bought online would have cost 21.60 euros.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

The idea of course in all cases is to try to get folk to buy early to save the inevitable queues and chaos that can ensue if loads of people turn up on the night to buy tickets. We have all seen the queues snaking around the ground when this has happened with big games, less so with normal games but still an issue. All the club planning is also helped enormously by knowing how many will be in the ground - food, sections of stands to open, numbers of staff etc etc.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Understand what you are saying but for me it still doesn't make it right.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Actually, the more I think about the extra £5 on a match day the more I understand it. If you think of the marginal cost of having enough people manning the ticket office to process the hundreds if not thousands of last minute ticket purchases the club probably doesn't make anything much out of those sales!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

dlw10 wrote:Actually, the more I think about the extra £5 on a match day the more I understand it. If you think of the marginal cost of having enough people manning the ticket office to process the hundreds if not thousands of last minute ticket purchases the club probably doesn't make anything much out of those sales!
Although the £5 is a pain to me I can understand the theory. However I wonder how many casual supporters we lose on some days because of it.

Think we would get increased numbers mainly if the weather was extreme. A nice day and the casuals would come along or bad weather when local sports are cancelled.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Verloc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Verloc »

Ticket office staff cut from 10 to 5 by Cellino when he arrived. Not sure what you're having difficulty getting your heads around. He wants to keep staff costs at a minimum, have you not noticed?
jm fleet
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by jm fleet »

Been apart of a group of casual fans we pick and choose the games and always pre order tickets but twice last season we decided as a group to wait and see how we felt on the day before going. Needless to say we didnt go but still met in leeds and the cost was the only reason.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Been apart of a group of casual fans we pick and choose the games and always pre order tickets but twice last season we decided as a group to wait and see how we felt on the day before going. Needless to say we didnt go but still met in leeds and the cost was the only reason.
I suspect that decision might have been swayed by the dross that was being served up last season jm. The extra £5 wont make a difference if the football on show is worth watching or the side start to challenge the top six. Still doesn't make the decision right for me though.
jm fleet
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by jm fleet »

No been rubbish didnt help neither did the pie tax or moving all the non season ticket holders out of fa5 and 6 of the south stand