2016/17 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2016/17 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SiMamu »

rss1969 wrote:
jm fleet wrote:I hope bridcutt signs elsewhere to be honest. He is clearly talented but not the midfield general to get us out of this league. We already have dave who can can play the deep role we need a number 10 a creative midfielder especially if we play the diamond
Monk does not seem to want to play Dave in the deep CM role.................I think he will go with Murphy, Grimes & Mowatt first.............a mistake IMO but so far he has seemed reluctant to use him in the position he was purchased for.
I think that's more down to our lack of available CBs currently, so Monk is being forced to play Dave there, for the time being. Once another CB is brought in and/or Cooper is, I expect Diagouraga will return to his preferred role.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

PhilHayYEP
There's still optimism in Liam Bridcutt's camp that a transfer to Leeds will happen and happen soon. It's a deal he wants. #lufc
Ulsterwhite
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Ulsterwhite »

Seems that wage cut is the roadblock
Marciamo assieme!
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

PhilHayYEP
It's all about money. Sunderland don't want to bear cost of paying up Bridcutt's last yr. LB's wage is obviously higher than #lufc structure
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 8m8 minutes ago

Bridcutt's been left out of Sunderland's tour to France so there's no question of him being involved at Sunderland this season. #lufc
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

If we get him for a relatively small fee then good and well but not if we have to pay 2.5m+ and then big wages.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Cool we need bridcutt ,then 2 centre backs as we all know
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

rss1969 wrote:
jm fleet wrote:I hope bridcutt signs elsewhere to be honest. He is clearly talented but not the midfield general to get us out of this league. We already have dave who can can play the deep role we need a number 10 a creative midfielder especially if we play the diamond
Monk does not seem to want to play Dave in the deep CM role.................I think he will go with Murphy, Grimes & Mowatt first.............a mistake IMO but so far he has seemed reluctant to use him in the position he was purchased for.
I'm not sure we have discounted Dave from that role - he has had to play CB when he's played so far simply as we have no one else! It could be that he will revert to that role once we get going. Midfield is still not settled in my mind - not sure who should play! Murph, Grimes and Mowatt did work first half yesterday tho albeit with Alex really playing that infamous 10 role (he had at least half a dozen shots from memory!)
Jemsym
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Jemsym »

Watched the Peterborough game and thought that young Purver (spelling ok?) had a great game. Don't think anybody else has commented so it must just be me. IMO reckon he could go on to great things!
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 1h1 hour ago
Ben Mansford saying on @BBCRadioLeeds that contract talks with Alex Mowatt have begun. #lufclive
I'm told that the club spoke with Mowatt's reps last week and have agreed to meet again soon. #lufclive
Mansford did, however, say that Charlie Taylor doesn't want to extend his deal at this stage. He's up next summer, like Mowatt. #lufc

West Yorkshire Sport ‏@WYSdaily · 1h1 hour ago
NEWS: @LUFC Chief Exec Ben Mansford says talks continue with representatives of Mowatt & Coyle over new deals #Lufc