League Position

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

League Position

Poll ended at 13 Aug 2016, 19:06

top 2
5%
Top 6
27%
Top 10
44%
11-18
24%
19 or lower
No votes

Total votes: 59

Deleted User 3289

Re: League Position

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

SiMamu wrote:I very much doubt we'll get promoted this year, I expect a top half finish, top 10 at best, but we should not sack Monk unless he leads us into a relegation battle. At the end of next season, he should be given a new contract, as long as we don't fight relegation under him. The first half performance showed the kind of promise that giving him time will allow, and all his signings so far are long term projects. With time, he'll get us promoted, but it won't take one season.
In an ideal world Si.. But as we are all finding out Mr Cellino's crystal ball seems to have a crack in it. If we don't hit the ground running, "and I have my doubts with the competition so strong now in the Championship" then things could turn ugly quickly. Hope i'm wrong but its the nature of the beast, that is Cellino...
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just listened to a very good Leeds United season preview on Radio Leeds.

General consensus appeared to be definitely top 10, with more than a few suggesting top 6 was on the cards.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Got us down to between 5-8th at the moment. Bring in Bridcutt and Lescott and I could see us challenging for automatic promotion. There aren't really any perfect teams in the league, just need consistency and goals to go up.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Ian Holloway's prediction on Sky Sports ................ :thumbup:
Ollie's prediction: 6th

These are my dark horses for the season. Well done, Mr Cellino - you've made your best-ever signing in Garry Monk. No one was applauding louder than me when he appointed Monk. He was a huge part of what Swansea achieved - he'll build an identity and a way of playing at Leeds United. It's what the fans deserve.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Don't think we'll make top ten. Not sure about Monk, i don't think 18 months as manager in a different division working for someone who isn't MC is enough for me to go on .. also, i have a strange feeling that i've seen some kind of structure pre season before and i think i'm aware of how that turned out. I'm hoping for good season from the team as always it's just ... well y'know.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Thought I'd have a look back at a thread from earlier this year. :lol:

Quite an interesting read. :roll:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Wigan White wrote:Thought I'd have a look back at a thread from earlier this year. :lol:

Quite an interesting read. :roll:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

MOT1964 wrote:Ian Holloway's prediction on Sky Sports ................ :thumbup:
Ollie's prediction: 6th

These are my dark horses for the season. Well done, Mr Cellino - you've made your best-ever signing in Garry Monk. No one was applauding louder than me when he appointed Monk. He was a huge part of what Swansea achieved - he'll build an identity and a way of playing at Leeds United. It's what the fans deserve.
Ian can take a bow
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Always liked Ollie.

I think he's one of football's great thinkers.
I wonder if he's got a bio out ??
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Not my favourite person by a long way but some kudos has got to go to Cellino. He's let Monk get on with the job and has kept himself well out of the way.
I once played against Don Revie.