What a mess we are

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: What a mess we are

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Leeds United are delighted to announce a new extended commercial partner agreement with Crosswater and the wider Bathroom Brands group, which will see the brand become the new Official West Stand Sponsor at Elland Road. David Hance, Crosswater Group Chairman, said: "Following the email that I sent to the Club in June, I have now had the opportunity to meet with Executive Director Paul Bell. During the meeting I was able to express my concerns, and a wide range of matters and issues regarding the Club were discussed at length. “Throughout the meeting I was reassured that the Club is now operating on a solid platform and that the Club is once again looking forward. Subsequent to the meeting, I was able to speak in person with Chairman Massimo Cellino, to whom I apologised for any damage that my email might have caused to either the Club or to Mr Cellino personally. “As a long-standing supporter of the Club, it was never my intention to damage the reputation of what I still consider to be the greatest football club in England. I am therefore delighted to increase my firm’s long-standing support and sponsorship of the Club into next season with sponsorship of the West Stand.” The new agreement will see the Crosswater brand adorn the new West Stand roof fascia, creating a significant presence within the stadium. Crosswater will also receive branding on the external wall of the West Stand and will be visible from the main London train line into Leeds and also the M621 that passes Elland Road. Paul Bell, United’s Executive Director, said: "We are delighted that we have reached a positive outcome with Crosswater and that we will continue our long-standing commercial partnership for a further season. “The new agreement with Crosswater now means that all four stands at Elland Road are once again sponsored and the Club will enter the new season with a strong portfolio of commercial partners. We look forward to activating all of our partnerships throughout the season, providing great offers to our supporters and return on investment for our partners." - See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... XW2EJ.dpuf
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Leeds United are delighted to announce a new extended commercial partner agreement with Crosswater and the wider Bathroom Brands group, which will see the brand become the new Official West Stand Sponsor at Elland Road. David Hance, Crosswater Group Chairman, said: "Following the email that I sent to the Club in June, I have now had the opportunity to meet with Executive Director Paul Bell. During the meeting I was able to express my concerns, and a wide range of matters and issues regarding the Club were discussed at length. “Throughout the meeting I was reassured that the Club is now operating on a solid platform and that the Club is once again looking forward. Subsequent to the meeting, I was able to speak in person with Chairman Massimo Cellino, to whom I apologised for any damage that my email might have caused to either the Club or to Mr Cellino personally. “As a long-standing supporter of the Club, it was never my intention to damage the reputation of what I still consider to be the greatest football club in England. I am therefore delighted to increase my firm’s long-standing support and sponsorship of the Club into next season with sponsorship of the West Stand.” The new agreement will see the Crosswater brand adorn the new West Stand roof fascia, creating a significant presence within the stadium. Crosswater will also receive branding on the external wall of the West Stand and will be visible from the main London train line into Leeds and also the M621 that passes Elland Road. Paul Bell, United’s Executive Director, said: "We are delighted that we have reached a positive outcome with Crosswater and that we will continue our long-standing commercial partnership for a further season. “The new agreement with Crosswater now means that all four stands at Elland Road are once again sponsored and the Club will enter the new season with a strong portfolio of commercial partners. We look forward to activating all of our partnerships throughout the season, providing great offers to our supporters and return on investment for our partners." - See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... XW2EJ.dpuf
Certainly seem to be getting everything in place on the commercial side, hope we can do just as successfully on the pitch.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Leeds United net new sponsorship deal after Crosswater withdraws complaint and apologises to Cellino:
yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/leeds-uni…?

Better yet. Takes a big man etc ....
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Nigel Gibbs awarded £330k for unfair dismissal
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 4067

Post by Deleted User 4067 »

How many more cases remain outstanding? Matt Pears & Junior Lewis are two, with the likelihood of Garry Monk joining them by Christmas I fancy.
Past mistakes are meant to guide us, not define us.
This continual cycle of hire and then fire is utter madness - and whilst we are on the subject of madness has anyone ever thought about trying to get Massimo sectioned?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

sawadee2 wrote:How many more cases remain outstanding? Matt Pears & Junior Lewis are two, with the likelihood of Garry Monk joining them by Christmas I fancy.
Past mistakes are meant to guide us, not define us.
This continual cycle of hire and then fire is utter madness - and whilst we are on the subject of madness has anyone ever thought about trying to get Massimo sectioned?
Don't shoot the 'messenger' but someone on Waccoe mentioned they had spoken with someone who works for the company dealing with LU tribunals and he was told that there were, all in all, over 40 such cases to be dealt with :crazy: . I have no idea if that's remotely true (I have my doubts TBH) but it was mentioned just this morning.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

we did sack an awful lot of people when MC first took his scythe to the costs so there may well be many employment tribunals pending for the admin staff - thee things can take many months to come to the tribunals and obviously the ones in and around Leeds will be chock a block!!!!!
Deleted User 4067

Post by Deleted User 4067 »

Normally at this time of the year I feel pretty flat about our prospects for the season to come but this year is different.
This year that empty/flat feeling has gone however its been replaced by a very strong sense of impending doom.
We have a certifiable nutter running the show.
A squad of players that for me is now even weaker than last seasons squad - that really took some doing.
Yet another new coach who will likely be handed his UB40 along with the obligatory six figure settlement cheque before Christmas.
Umpteen more court cases and tribunals.
More payments to those BLOOD SUCKING crooks GFH.
To lift my mood i decided to watch the Graham Taylor 'do i not like that' dvd. It worked a treat. Comments such as 'Carlton can we not knock it' & They've done everything we told them to not do' & 'Carlton started it' soon has me in hysterics.
Tomorrow i'm going to try and find my copy of Steve McClaren talking Dutch. Which is another absolute banker to very quickly have me rolling about!
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

sawadee2 wrote:Normally at this time of the year I feel pretty flat about our prospects for the season to come but this year is different.
This year that empty/flat feeling has gone however its been replaced by a very strong sense of impending doom.
We have a certifiable nutter running the show.
A squad of players that for me is now even weaker than last seasons squad - that really took some doing.
Yet another new coach who will likely be handed his UB40 along with the obligatory six figure settlement cheque before Christmas.
Umpteen more court cases and tribunals.
More payments to those BLOOD SUCKING crooks GFH.
To lift my mood i decided to watch the Graham Taylor 'do i not like that' dvd. It worked a treat. Comments such as 'Carlton can we not knock it' & They've done everything we told them to not do' & 'Carlton started it' soon has me in hysterics.
Tomorrow i'm going to try and find my copy of Steve McClaren talking Dutch. Which is another absolute banker to very quickly have me rolling about!
I've convinced myself that we MAY be better equipped than we were this time last season. It does depend on a few things going our way but I'm optimistic we are better. Rob Green has the experience and bollox that you need in a goal keeper to help organise a defence. He has a mistake in him, I'm sure, but that experience was something we lacked with SIlvestri. Green is also, like Silv, a good shot stopper. It depends whether Kyle Bartley is any good too. In pre season we really have not been given a clue on that other than a couple of poor clearance at Posh. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's less error prone than Bellusci and better poitionally and in the air than Coops. I'm also pinning my hopes of Roofe - I've raved about the bloke for so long that I can't dismiss him now in our hour of need!!!!He's one who has got better with each pre season game. We saw glimpses at Posh too as to what Alex Mowatt could give us if played in the right place in the right formation. He had six good chances on Saturday. So, if we then add to that the fact that Chris Wood played well for New Zealand in the summer and has good support on this forum then surely we can expect him to give us more and if he does then I am sure this season's side is better.
pepsiperfect
Giddy Kipper

Post by pepsiperfect »

To shake things up, I would like to see
Glen Hoddle given the role !!!