Garry Monk new head coach

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Garry Monk new head coach

Post by Barlow Boy »

I tend to break up the season into blocks of games, generally using an international break as a cut off point. When we start again, we have 7 games within that next block, 5 of which are at home meaning more pressure.

I think Cellino will leave it for now, but poor results in this next block of games, which includes two derbies in front of the home fans, again heaping more pressure and he will be gone. Cellino will no doubt still have Steve Evan's number, and if not Evans will not be shy in putting a call in.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Cant help thinking that Evans staying would not have been a bad choice...........he tightened our defence up with no resources.

Monk's tenure so far is remarkably similar to Rosler's...........one very good away win (against Derby with Rosler) and the other results a let down with very poor goals conceded.

Monk has had 7 games so far.......Rosler got 11..............
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

It takes time to impose a passing philophosy on a side. I think we're making progress, and but for poor finishing and defensive errors could have won yesterday. I wonder if our formation would be a little more robust with one up top 3 behind perm from sako/roofe/Mowett/Hernandez/Dallas. I would like to see Jansen come in for cooper and Silvestri in for Green (who has been very disappointing)
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Think Green was a mistake. We had Silvestri,who divides opinion, an experienced replacement in Turnbull
And a promising youngster in Peacock Farrell. Didnt need another keeper especially one no better than what we had. Silvestri or Turnbull to go back in. Peacock Farrell needs to go out on loan.
morris474
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by morris474 »

we could have Pep Jose or Sir Alex . With the board we have we would still be fighting relegation to league one
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

isrodger wrote:It takes time to impose a passing philophosy on a side. I think we're making progress, and but for poor finishing and defensive errors could have won yesterday. I wonder if our formation would be a little more robust with one up top 3 behind perm from sako/roofe/Mowett/Hernandez/Dallas. I would like to see Jansen come in for cooper and Silvestri in for Green (who has been very disappointing)
The ironic thing about the formation is that for the past two seasons we have tried to play one up front while not having the players to suit it, yet we are now playing 4-4-2 with a squad that finally has some midfield mobility, pace and creativity in the shape of Roofe, Sacko and Hernandez. Throw in the fact that we also have a striker who is constantly moving and looks to get in behind in Antonssen, and 4-5-1/4-3-3 could now be our best bet. Chris Wood, for me, is a problem. An automatic starter that offers very little in my opinion and prevents us picking our best 11.
Palpatan
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Palpatan »

I would set us up like Man City.

Green

Ayling - Jansson - Bartley - Taylor

Bridcutt

Sacko - Hernandez - Mowatt - Roofe

Antonsenn
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Palpatan wrote:I would set us up like Man City.

Green

Bridcutt

Antonsson
I would be fairly happy with that lineup.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

Palpatan wrote:I would set us up like Man City.

Green

Bridcutt

Antonsenn
Change green for silvestri and that would probably be my first XI.
With green, coyle/cooper, viera, dallas, philips, wood on bench making rotation base on tactical need and fatigue.
I see some real depth sinve jansson is able to play RB (we also have berardi).
Would be nice to take care of left back before we actually let taylor go.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Why he was appointed (and my posts will attest to my disbelief at appointing a guy with no CV, at the time) I'll never know. Get rid.

More importantly, appoint somebody who has done it before and if it doesn't work out with that person, then appoint somebody else who has done it before and rinse and repeat. Never underestimate the usefullness of evidence and and never let it be trumped by blind optimism and belief - they're for Sunday, etc.