Chinese interest

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Chinese interest

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Fatlad 54 wrote:

There is no sale in the offing, Cellino has stepped back from a lot of the daily running of the club. The only ones 'talking' about a pending takeover are a small group of 'fans' trying to unsettle the building of the Club/Team that think they know everything but actually know nothing. Just my opinion of course.
Of course it is just your opinion but it's no different to the small group of 'fans' who are trying to unsettle the foundation of the club. By saying there is no sale in the offing it makes you sound ITK but clearly you are not. Every club is up for sale as long as Brucie used to say ' the price is right ' All I know is the present owner has created a split in the fan base something that may never heal. Never has the word United meant so little at Leeds theses days we are anything but, sad days.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Fatlad 54 wrote:

There is no sale in the offing, Cellino has stepped back from a lot of the daily running of the club. The only ones 'talking' about a pending takeover are a small group of 'fans' trying to unsettle the building of the Club/Team that think they know everything but actually know nothing. Just my opinion of course.
Of course it is just your opinion but it's no different to the small group of 'fans' who are trying to unsettle the foundation of the club. By saying there is no sale in the offing it makes you sound ITK but clearly you are not. Every club is up for sale as long as Brucie used to say ' the price is right ' All I know is the present owner has created a split in the fan base something that may never heal. Never has the word United meant so little at Leeds theses days we are anything but, sad days.
That last bit is a tad over the top - at the games everyone is behind the team and everyone is as "United" as we have been for a while. As to a split that will never heal i think promotion to the Prem would be a magical cure for all sorts of ills!
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

It's not a ringing endorsement however Cellino is arguably our best owner since Silver. Yet there is a greater degree of annamosity towards him than his predessors.... why? Firstly possibly it is his style - which personally I don't mind. Secondly I think expectations of immediacy have changed. Additionally we can all see the gap between us and the premiership elite widening. Finally non of us are getting any younger. Will we live to see the day we play in Europe again. Get promoted again, have a day out @ Wembley again. Now that's depressing.

So to the positive - we probably now have our best side post Grayson - we are on the verge of being a play off team. Time to see wether Cellino will go for it January - fingers crossed.
Fatlad 54
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Fatlad 54 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Fatlad 54 wrote:

Hopefully now Phil Hay has pointed out in YEP that there never was a takeover, Cellino was only looking for investors, the small section of fans that were against him will now hold their hands up and say 'yes we were wrong and only trying to create a divide' The present owner is the best we've had for years. Hopefully the few will now realise this and go back to supporting the scum.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hopefully the few will now realise this and go back to supporting the scum.
Who do you mean when you say "the few" ?? :wtf:
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

isrodger wrote:It's not a ringing endorsement however Cellino is arguably our best owner since Silver. Yet there is a greater degree of annamosity towards him than his predessors.... why? Firstly possibly it is his style - which personally I don't mind. Secondly I think expectations of immediacy have changed. Additionally we can all see the gap between us and the premiership elite widening. Finally non of us are getting any younger. Will we live to see the day we play in Europe again. Get promoted again, have a day out @ Wembley again. Now that's depressing.

So to the positive - we probably now have our best side post Grayson - we are on the verge of being a play off team. Time to see wether Cellino will go for it January - fingers crossed.
I think the thing is that publicly he looks like a terrible owner. I know I personally lost a deal of patience with the hiring and firing managers debacle. Made the club a bit of a laughing stock.
Deleted User 728

davidbattyspants wrote: I think the thing is that publicly he looks like a terrible owner. I know I personally lost a deal of patience with the hiring and firing managers debacle. Made the club a bit of a laughing stock.

Beautifully put.
Well said that man :clap:
Deleted User 728

Just to add, I think most of us who are anti-Cellino don't believe a leopard can change its spots, so while he's keeping a low profile for now there's always the lurking feeking that the trigger finger will start itching if we lose three on the bounce.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:there's always the lurking feeking that the trigger finger will start itching if we lose three on the bounce.
In fairness, that could be written about any club.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by massimomilitia »

Barlow Boy wrote:
rigger wrote:there's always the lurking feeking that the trigger finger will start itching if we lose three on the bounce.
In fairness, that could be written about any club.
Rotherham for example or Chelsea , Derby loads of them but I'm happy with the state of play and the funny thing is , is that MC has finally finished the mucking out of the club after 12 years of in fighting from the lufc staff academy and even the board .