EFL Cup Draw

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: EFL Cup Draw

Post by Another Northern Soul »

It's all about you you you, Dave :P

Wanted a home draw to have a better chance of progressing but whatever, we're not out yet.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:It's all about you you you, Dave :P

Wanted a home draw to have a better chance of progressing but whatever, we're not out yet.
The older I get the more I'm on the look out for excitement! The potential euphoria of winning in front of a big crowd at Anfield is a mouth watering prospect whereas a home game with Hull.... ? And what then, beat Hull in a dull game and then move to a couple of games against huge opponents who would expect to beat us so let's get it on now with Liverpool and see what happens!
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Davycc wrote:Just had a browse thought a Liverpool forum. You know what, I really, really hope we can up our game for this one.....

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... =330243.80
Without reading let me guess.. leeds scum, Don revie, Billy bremner, 70s, dirty leeds, hooligans, irrelevant etc. :roll:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SG90 wrote:
Davycc wrote:Just had a browse thought a Liverpool forum. You know what, I really, really hope we can up our game for this one.....

Without reading let me guess.. leeds scum, Don revie, Billy bremner, 70s, dirty leeds, hooligans, irrelevant etc. :roll:
To be fair, I'm not sure it's that bad.

Most of them appeared to want a lower ranked team at home (we would probably want the same in their position), and that's exactly what they got so they are a touch giddy.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
SG90 wrote:

Most of them appeared to want a lower ranked team at home (we would probably want the same in their position), and that's exactly what they got so they are a touch giddy.
Fair enough, just used to seeing those reactions regarding Lufc from other fans.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SG90 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
SG90 wrote:

Fair enough, just used to seeing those reactions regarding Lufc from other fans.
There is the odd Leeds scum, hooligans and dirty Leeds bits, but generally nothing too bad. If anything, might be underestimating us a touch.

This game is sandwiched between Rotherham away, and Villa at home, so it will be interesting to see what side we put out. Presumably Bridcutt will be ready by then partnering O Kane, throw our best back 5 in and we might take it all the way as they will definitely not put out their first eleven.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Surely we have to play our best 11 against Liverpool. No room for sentiment here, this is the quarter finals.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Rich1971
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Rich1971 »

Could anyone offer an educated guess as to how many tickets we will be allocated?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Rich1971 wrote:Could anyone offer an educated guess as to how many tickets we will be allocated?
I saw 5,000 mentioned earlier on Twitter (yes, I know), but they had quoted the specific rule regarding the allocation of cup tickets, which would give us something in that region.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
SG90 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
SG90 wrote:

There is the odd Leeds scum, hooligans and dirty Leeds bits, but generally nothing too bad. If anything, might be underestimating us a touch.

This game is sandwiched between Rotherham away, and Villa at home, so it will be interesting to see what side we put out. Presumably Bridcutt will be ready by then partnering O Kane, throw our best back 5 in and we might take it all the way as they will definitely not put out their first eleven.
Didn't like the bit about 'Chelsea fans of the north'
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....