Favourite eleven

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Favourite eleven

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Currie & Strachan forgot them totally :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Lukic
Kelly - Radebe - Charlton - Cooper
Currie - Batty - Giles - Gray
Yeboah - Clarke
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Mines predictable ;)

Harvey
Reaney
Cooper
Bremner
Charlton
Hunter
Lorimer
Clarke
Jones
Giles
Gray

Honourable mentions for.

Johannson, V Jones, Batty, Bates ( Mick not Ken :D ) Greenhoff J, Sheridan, Madely, Sprake, McKenzie, Radebe, Viduka, Howson, Delph & Andy Hughes just loved the fella.
Amd that'd be mine too. Makes me happy just seeing that list. Class!
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Well of course it has to be the classic Revie: GS RIP PR-JC-NH-TC PL-BB-JG-EG MJ-AC sub PM

But players I enjoyed/appreciated/saw live:

Nigel Martyn

Peter Haddock-Jonathon Woodgate-Norman Hunter-Tony Dorigo

Gordon Strachan - Johnny Giles - Tony Currie - Eddie Gray

Tony Yeboah-Alan Clarke

Subs/honourable mentions Paul Robinson - Mel Sterland - Ian Snodin - Vinnie Jones - Lucas Radebe - Ian Snodgrass - Marco Viduka - Gary Speed
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
woollywhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by woollywhite »

I know this might be controversial, but i enjoyed seeing mccormack play, he was a little bit of excitement in an otherwise very ordinary side...
NO news is good news
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

woollywhite wrote:I know this might be controversial, but i enjoyed seeing mccormack play, he was a little bit of excitement in an otherwise very ordinary side...

I fail to see what's controversial about that, he was/is a smashing player.
Phil147
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Phil147 »

This would probably change if you asked me again next week...

I do remember seeing some of the great Revie side playing towards the end of their career but I'm going to go for a team without them included, that side pretty much picked itself and the 1st 11 plus one sub were all household names.

My favourite 11 outside the Revie team:-

Martyn - great keeper and was unlucky to be around at the same time as Seaman otherwise would have a load more caps. One of the players for me who would get in an all time best 11 and take a spot in the Revie side.
Sterland - his storming runs down the right overlapping Strachan!! Was one of the signings made by Wilko that showed some real intent to get promotion
Radebe - Possibly our last true legend, great player and an argument for Captain of this 11.
Woodgate - More of a what could have been here, at the time I thought him and Ferdinand would be the rock at the heart of England and Leeds defence for years to come. I think he had the potential to be a truly great defender but ultimately he seemed to lose his way.
Dorigo - Speedy full-back, could hit a great free kick (the goal away to Sheff Wed when we thrashed them 6-1 springs to mind)
Strachan - the catalyst on the pitch that drove us to promotion, commitment, desire, skill, fiery tempered, short, red haired and Scottish, all sounds familiar!! Despite Radebe's claims to the role would be Captain of my 11
Batty - the holding midfielder keeping it altogether. Should never have been sold by Leeds.
McAllister - I thought a while about this one as Tony Currie was a big favourite of mine but ultimately I had to go with Gary Mac - a classy / cultured midfielder and another leader. I could never understand why some fans would boo him when he played for other clubs at Elland Road.
Speed - No surprise here to see the final piece of that awesome midfield which carried Leeds to an unexpected title win. Yes, this is a bit of an emotional vote given what happened. Go on, get one yourself son...
Viduka - When he was on song he could be virtually unplayable - forever immortalised to Leeds fans for that day against Liverpool but also actually seemed to be one of the few who cared as we spiralled down the league. Would be both a holding player up front to bring the midfield in and a foil for
Hasselbaink - Yes, I know, could be frustrating and alongside Viduka could be a bit of a risk if they both have an off day and stand moaning at each other with hands on hips - however as I don't actually have to manage this team his strength and power and finishing he would bring to the side give him the nod over some very capable other candidates.

Substitutes, so many options here but would definitely have Currie in there, Kewell, Chapman and another hero of mine Sheridan.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

In my team i also put Viduka & Hasselbaink as my front 2 and funnily enough they did play 2 seasons together at Middlesboro and helped them one year make the final of the UEFA cup so i think they would (and could) have worked well together.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 4352

Post by Deleted User 4352 »

1. Nigel Martyn

2.Gary Kelly
3.Lucas Radebe
4.Tony Dorigo
5.Rio Ferdinand

6.Gary Mcallister
7.David Batty
8.Gary Speed
9.Gordon Strachan

10.Tony Yeboah
11.Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Head Coach. David O'Leary
Assistant Coach. Howard Wilkinson

Subs

12.John Lukic

13. David Wetherall
14.Chris Fairclough

15.Oliver Dacourt
16.Lee Boywer

18.Mark Viduka
19. Rod Wallace
Last edited by Deleted User 4352 on 08 Nov 2016, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Martyn
Kelly
Dorigo
Radebe
Ferdinand
Strachan
Batty
Macallister
Speed