Yellow cards

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Yellow cards

Post by SG90 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
SG90 wrote:Taylor coming back would cover Ayling, but Bartley going at the same time would be a concern. Jansson will hopefully miss the last 3 games and be back for the playoffs. One thing I've noticed is Bartley and Jansson have stopped diving in as they are trying to avoid cards.

Think Pontus also needs to walk away a bit more often it would be intresting to see how many yellows he's picked up for dissent this season.
Newcastle, Hudds and Villa for definite. Norwich he got booked for celebrating. Not sure what he got booked for at Brighton as the cameras never showed a replay.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SG90 wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
SG90 wrote:Taylor coming back would cover Ayling, but Bartley going at the same time would be a concern. Jansson will hopefully miss the last 3 games and be back for the playoffs. One thing I've noticed is Bartley and Jansson have stopped diving in as they are trying to avoid cards.

Think Pontus also needs to walk away a bit more often it would be intresting to see how many yellows he's picked up for dissent this season.
Newcastle, Hudds and Villa for definite. Norwich he got booked for celebrating. Not sure what he got booked for at Brighton as the cameras never showed a replay.
Bristol City away, he was booked for picking up the ball and literally booting it out of the ground as he deemed it flat :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

The good thing is these are things that he can learn from and not pick up stupid cards again next season.
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

SG90 wrote:The good thing is these are things that he can learn from and not pick up stupid cards again next season.
Good point. I think the referees are a bit more lenient in the Premier league as well :wink:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I think this is up to date.....

http://www.skysports.com/leeds-united-stats
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Jansson booked for winning the ball such a joke, another example of how diving and cheating is rewarded today thanks to Forestieri. Only 2 more away now, can't afford to lose him for Brighton and Newcastle.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

SG90 wrote:Jansson booked for winning the ball such a joke, another example of how diving and cheating is rewarded today thanks to Forestieri. Only 2 more away now, can't afford to lose him for Brighton and Newcastle.
Followed through with trailing leg, I thought it was a fair booking.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

West beach white wrote:
SG90 wrote:Jansson booked for winning the ball such a joke, another example of how diving and cheating is rewarded today thanks to Forestieri. Only 2 more away now, can't afford to lose him for Brighton and Newcastle.
Followed through with trailing leg, I thought it was a fair booking.
We should've had a penalty then. What was the difference between that and the foul on O'Kane?
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
SG90 wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:

Bristol City away, he was booked for picking up the ball and literally booting it out of the ground as he deemed it flat :crazy:
That is one of my moments of the season so far!
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Yellow cards

Post by Mickeyzee »

Ok how do people feel about the current situation regarding the number of yellows for Ayling, Bartley, and Jansson?

I know it is illegal to get a yellow on purpose to time a suspension, but surely the club needs to think about this. I cant see any of the three avoiding more cautions! what would be a disaster is hitting the playoffs with them missing or on the verge like Bartley,Ayling is now.

I would expect if we get past the 2nd Sunday without Ayling or Bartley picking one up they will be fine, need them for Fulham though. I really think the club will be instructing Jansson to hit his 15 before we hit the last 4 games!

Im not too fussed losing Ayling for a bit with Taylor back and Berardi can cover. Cooper to cover for Bartley scares the number 2s out of me vs Fulham....

What are your thoughts?
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....