NEXT MANAGER?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: NEXT MANAGER?

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Apparently Claudio Ranieri as been spotted on the train coming through the channel tunnel. The club have promised to reimburse his ticket once he gets there.
Which direction ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: On the positive side of things no's the championship well and is prone to straggling opposing players on the touchline if crossed. :D
Wrong on so many levels, VHTM. I Know you take a rebellious attitude towards the English language but that is a red card offence.
I feel privileged. There cant be two many people who can afford 24hr tuition. I promise to bear it in mind for the future. :D

I'm more concerned about the straggle bit, I meant strangle. Its not easy being uneducated you no! :P
Damn! And there's me thinking he liked opposing players who dawdled a bit ;)
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but according to Sky Bet, Clarence Seedorf is fifth fav ahead of the likes of Wagner, Moyes etc... WTF?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but according to Sky Bet, Clarence Seedorf is fifth fav ahead of the likes of Wagner, Moyes etc... WTF?
Yeah, noticed that pal.

Surprisingly, the odds haven't shifted greatly, updated odds here...

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-s ... t/20793975
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Out of that lot, in order of MY preference;

Clotet
Grayson
Ranieri
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Out of that lot, in order of MY preference;

Clotet
Grayson
Ranieri
There were reports earlier that Pep, Beattie et al had left the club, although nothing official that I can see.

Doesn't stop him coming back for a try at the 'top job', of course, but looks like he will go wherever Monk goes.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Out of that lot, in order of MY preference;

Clotet
Grayson
Ranieri
There were reports earlier that Pep, Beattie et al had left the club, although nothing official that I can see.

Doesn't stop him coming back for a try at the 'top job', of course, but looks like he will go wherever Monk goes.
Clotet's Twitter account (not sure if it's him or his management company) still says he's assistant manager. Usually they announce everyone leaving together, so would assume they're still there.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

A couple of German options to consider,
If Huddersfield fail to win promotion we might be able to poach Wagner. Or the Hoffenhiem manager Julian Nagelsmann looks to be doing a great job in his short managerial career. Thoughts !
Amorizon
Giddy Kipper

Post by Amorizon »

West beach white wrote:A couple of German options to consider,
If Huddersfield fail to win promotion we might be able to poach Wagner. Or the Hoffenhiem manager Julian Nagelsmann looks to be doing a great job in his short managerial career. Thoughts !
Julian is a good shout.
He's a young, progressive thinking manager who has taken a relegation threatened team to the Champions League in one season.
But for that reason, I don't expect him to leave. It's quite a change of environment: Champions League to Championship.

Agreed that Leeds needs someone like him.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

It's no good just looking at Sky Bet, who always give the worst odds by the way

Use Oddschecker to get most bookmaskers odds

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/fo ... nt-manager