Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

johnh wrote: Oh, and by the way, I hate red even more than ANS does! :D
That's nothing. I even get annoyed if the red team wins on Bargain Hunt.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

One Eyed Thompson wrote:
johnh wrote: Oh, and by the way, I hate red even more than ANS does! :D
That's nothing. I even get annoyed if the red team wins on Bargain Hunt.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:I am not a bigot, I'm not intolerant and I only hate red but sorry, rainbows on Leeds kits is a no from me. Kit manufacturers probably have a bigger say in the matter anyway.

Not even for one season when it's all about raising awareness of social issues ??

Come on, mate .. how about if we left the red out for a PR stunt and swapped it for a white stripe in there instead ??
That would be superb publicity !

The club (now) is doing plenty to raise awareness of social issues, they don't need to change the shirt design as well, and I suspect it would lose revenue from shirts too, TBH. I'm against the black kit incidentally too, we've always been about white, yellow/gold and blue as far as I know.

I don't think there's a need to bring out a LGBT Leeds shirt... in an ideal scenario I'd have the shirts sponsored by a beloved charity with their logo transparent so we could wear all white (or all yellow or all blue away) which I've said before ;)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

johnh wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:I am not a bigot, I'm not intolerant and I only hate red but sorry, rainbows on Leeds kits is a no from me. Kit manufacturers probably have a bigger say in the matter anyway.
I'm with ANS on this. Football is for EVERYONE, it shouldn't be hijacked for any kind of political statement on behalf of any minority or majority group. We are all in this together, regardless of who we are or what we stand for.
Oh, and by the way, I hate red even more than ANS does! :D
:clap: :thumbup: :D
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I used to cry when the Red Team won Cheggers Plays Pop (The red team won most weeks!)
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

johnh wrote:
I'm with ANS on this. Football is for EVERYONE, it shouldn't be hijacked for any kind of political statement on behalf of any minority or majority group. We are all in this together, regardless of who we are or what we stand for.
This.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

davidbattyspants wrote:
johnh wrote:
This.
Agree with ANS on this.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Selby White wrote:
davidbattyspants wrote:
johnh wrote:
This.
Agree with ANS on this.

Agree also, should be never seen on a playing (I dislike red also with a passion) kit but I would have no problem with it on a scarf or t-shirt that the club would sell.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

lufctrav wrote:Unfortunately it's the minority that spoil it for everybody.
Millwall fans may dislike us as we do them but for most it's only about football. The Turkish flags and Galatasaray shirts aren't there in representation of all in attendance, they're there because a little man wants to be seen as a big man and be centre of attention. Would he have the stones to stand in the middle of Leeds and do the same thing? I highly doubt it. I guarentee that most Millwall supporters will shake their heads at such a thing, as would any other supporters.

I don't know what it is about football but it's disappointing that it's unable to bring people together like sport should. There shouldn't be any issues with sitting two sets of supporters amongst each other, it's one of my favourite things about going to the AFL here. For 4 quarters we throw a bit of banter back and forth in between beers and at full-time we congratulate the winner and move on to the pub where the banter resumes. Of course there is a trouble maker now and again but more often than not they are shamed by not only the opposition supporters but also their own. Maybe when it comes to football there is something of an acceptance of this kind of behavior? Like it's part and parcel of the game? I don't know but what i do know is that a couple of years ago when i was over and we played Bradford in the cup, i was pretty disappointed that i was very much unable to go with some friends I'd made who supported Bradford because it'd only cause trouble.
Agree with this! and funnily enough football here in Australia I have never had any issues or problems with opposition fans in fact I've actually sat in the same pubs as them and traded lots of banter, beers and fun, i could never do that in England. I've also been to AFL, NRL, cricket and Basketball and its the same. Sport in Australia does bring fans together whatever team you support and I've been to hundreds and hundreds of games of all sports. Occasionally you get the odd idiot but they are usually shot down by their own fans as sport and the supporting of your team is meant to be fun.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

rigger wrote:I'd like to see us go one step further.
As I said, we've always been innovative as a club and bringing the ladies' team is one thing, but why not do what two clubs in Spain did and support all minorities by wearing a rainbow kit as a second or third strip for a season ?
Rayo Vallecano were the first, then CD Guadalajara joined in with both clubs donating a percentage of the profits to anti-racism and homophobia charities :

I don't believe sporting clubs and politics should mix. Equality isn't necessarily about having everyone share the same beliefs, equality is about accepting and respecting beliefs that are different to yours.
Supporting a cause publicly as a club is one thing, representing it on the shirt is another.