Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Contrary to what i thought at the time about Monk jumping ship, you have to say that AR as played a blinder in attracting MB to the club. He's not just been a revelation, he's starting a revolution that will hopefully lead us to the promised land of loads a money....
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Slightly different from our normal ex player watch... Early reports from the Liam Miller charity game in Cork (45,000 sell out):

Denis Irwin turning on the style down the left side.

Robbie Keane sending Gary Neville to the shops with some vintage twists and turns :lol:

Denis Irwin scores from the spot for Manchester United XI v Celtic/Ireland XI

Others involved:
Alan Smith
Rio Ferdinand (withdrawn due to operation)
Stephen McPhail
Ian Harte
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Mr Russell wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Ross McCormack away back to Australia to play:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45582840
He will find it way harder this time as the Central Coast came bottom of the A league last season and struggled to score goals, McCormack will help on that front but the Mariners midfield aren't the most creative bunch of players. He did really well at Melbourne City last season but that was in a way better team who put chances on a plate for him. Be more interesting to see if he lasts the whole season with them.
McCormack may be the creative man at CC. Some of his touches that i saw last season were miles ahead of the rest of the league imo.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

kk_white wrote:Slightly different from our normal ex player watch... Early reports from the Liam Miller charity game in Cork (45,000 sell out):

Robbie Keane sending Gary Neville to the shops with some vintage twists and turns :lol:

Others involved:
Alan Smith
Stephen McPhail
Ian Harte
I watched it on youtube from the Manure TV site. It pained me to see it on MUTV but i did want to see the game and it was quiet competitive even though most of these players were over 40.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

CorkWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:Slightly different from our normal ex player watch... Early reports from the Liam Miller charity game in Cork (45,000 sell out):

Others involved:
Alan Smith
Stephen McPhail
Ian Harte
I watched it on youtube from the Manure TV site. It pained me to see it on MUTV but i did want to see the game and it was quiet competitive even though most of these players were over 40.
Bit of fun, money raised for a good cause, but bloody slow :D
Most of the players mentioned the pace in interviews afterwards.

I'll tell you though, Denis Irwin could nearly do a job at some lower league, even though he's 52!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Matt Pennington scores the 2nd Ipswich goal and then gets sent off in the 2nd half.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

kk_white wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:

Others involved:
Alan Smith
Stephen McPhail
Ian Harte
Bit of fun, money raised for a good cause, but bloody slow :D
Most of the players mentioned the pace in interviews afterwards.

I'll tell you though, Denis Irwin could nearly do a job at some lower league, even though he's 52!
I always liked Denis Irwin a good honest footballer with a gifted left foot, especially from free kicks, he was a Leeds player first many moons ago.....
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

:D And he was right-footed which makes him even better. One of a few very poor decisions from Billy Bremner to get rid of Denis, I didn't understand it at the time as he was a decent and consistent performer for us.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

CBJ has 2 goals for Scunny tonight v Charlton. :crazy:
3-3 atm.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Neil Redfearn has joined Newcastle United as U23 coach.
Winner of the Europa League