2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by ilkley62 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
whiteinfrance wrote: How many assists does he have this season?
He has 4 in 15 appearances, Alioski has 4 in 21, Klich 5 in 21 and Forshaw 0 in 7. I appreciate you can twist statistics to suit needs, but he isn’t exactly struggling with others in those listed. I’ve no idea if such statistics exist, but I wouldn’t mind knowing how often he plays a teammate into space, who then crosses/passes for another teammate to score. These go unnoticed, but a crucial part of the game for me.

To be honest, I’m surprised how many are happy for him to go, he’s one of the best we’ve had for years in my mind.
I agree BB I for one want him to stay, no brainer for me after the lack of quality we have had for years
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

CrisPeacock wrote:this is one of the comments from Facebook and this is what I want to say too:
"Absolutely shocking why make it easy for him .We are a joke when transfers take place , we are far too soft ,we take eternity to buy or loan players , but when we sell some one it goes quicker than a flash .Saiz is a big asset to the club ,so why loan him out , if he wants to go let him go to the highest bidder , we are an absolute joke ."
Couldnt have put it better myself, whilst Im not bothered hes going to let him go on loan is poor from the management if the club ( management not coaching staff)
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Firstly, Saiz has been a good player for us and has good technical ability. He runs with the ball and in this division you need players like that who do scare the bejeezus out of the opposition defense, Before Saiz came to us we didn't have that for a long time maybe Gradel was the last player to be so effective at it.

Secondly, we don't know, and may never know the real reason why the board are quick firing him out of the club. Maybe he is simply unhappy here..... We can analyze it over and over, for me though, he hasn't been playing as well as he used to. Remember last season where he couldn't stop scoring then kaboom it all stopped suddenly and the rails came off with the spitting incident. He got suspended for 6-8 games (I think) and when he came back the team were already in a downward spiral. He alone couldn't stop the rot, look who we had in the dugout PH, that will tell you why he couldn't.

Lastly, I am not too happy with the boards dealings off the pitch and by allowing this LOAN Deal to happen is ridiculous to say the least. If a player wants out then SELL HIM no if's or but's. Why waste his time being attached to a club he no longer wants to play for and at the same time get him off the books also. This could also be a strategy for the club to gain more come the summer if he does well at Getafe because he isn't doing so well here as he was last season. Equally it could all go the opposite way and he could decline further in Getafe and his price range goes down a lot and we have to sell for pittance. Either way this will not encourage anyone else other than the teams around us to see one of our potentially better players leaving. This is an early Christmas bonus for them while we will be losing that influence they will be strengthening again in January.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Saiz won't be leaving for nothing. Even if it is a loan, they'll be paying some sort of fee.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Just to allay all the anger about the loan deal : it's generally the case that there'll be a monthly fee and/or a percentage of the player's salary being paid by the new club, too.
The deal to make it permanent in the summer - as reported - will also be factored in with a price agreed now, rather than in six months.

All of the above will be wrapped up in a contract which neither side can break and which can be used as financial collateral towards any future dealings by our club : in effect, it's an IOU that works the same as money in the bank; there's also the wage being freed from the budget to consider too. Getafe may well have sewn up their own budgets for the entire season, which is the reason why this is only a loan because they don't have the funds to complete a full transfer right now.

There's no need to get uptight about it at all.
We'll have the money ahead of time .. but I doubt we'll spend more than 10% of it anyway under Bielsa, at least not in the January window.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

It seems to be a very supportive move for the sake of his wife, Elena, while she goes through a difficult pregnancy. I commend the Leeds board for their humanity.

Quote from Moscowhite's article for The Square Ball:

"The reality is that Elena is pregnant again; she grew up with a sister, and wanted to give the same gift of a sibling to her first daughter. There were almost two gifts; in mid-July Elena said on Instagram that she’d been to the gynaecologist and found out that, “They were going to be twins but, in the end, one of them did not come through.” Elena’s first daughter had a difficult birth; then came the cancer scare; now the shock of discovering and losing a twin in the space of one doctor’s appointment. “They are nine magical months but for me, personally, being pregnant is very hard,” Elena wrote on Instagram."

Full article:

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-uni ... UEYsjHn7UQ
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

Bollacks
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

swindonwhite wrote:Bollacks
Is it? Rightio, thanks for putting me right.
:roll:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

swindonwhite wrote:Bollacks
I hope that's a response to the transfer story and not the plight of Elena ? :think:
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

All I mean is we should be doing whats best for Leeds United not his sodding wife.