Where will Leeds finish this season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

Champions
11%
Runners up
20%
Play Offs
31%
7th - 10th
25%
11th - 14th
12%
15th - 18th
No votes
19th -20th
No votes
Relegation
No votes

Total votes: 83

Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Where will Leeds finish this season

Post by Otherworld »

If the option highlighted in bold is the one I chose originally, I went for runners-up, although I don't remember doing it. Think we will still finish 2nd.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

First time I've been on this thread since I voted at the beginning of the season. What a wonderful way to put it into perspective - I voted we'd finish between 7th and 10th. Now, we're all worried about dropping out of the top two. What a great season.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Otherworld wrote:If the option highlighted in bold is the one I chose originally, I went for runners-up, although I don't remember doing it. Think we will still finish 2nd.
Yeah, the one is bold is the one that you voted for.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

After last seasons finish i went optimistically for 7-10th. Step up Mr Bielsa and anything becomes achievable. Now i'm even more optimistic that we will finish in the top 2.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

bielsafan wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
bielsafan wrote:haha 7-10th winning, you boys have been beaten down over the years it seems, from what I saw of todays game, your players have bought into the managers demands already, you should have a damn good chance to win your league, its not about the individual players, its all about the team
Nar mate. You obviously wasn't watching our start last season. Very similar in performance to that, then levels started to drop as the season went on. It remains to be seen if we have a big enough squad to perform like that all season. We are better placed no doubt. :thumbup:

Your team will perform like that all season because thats what the manager will insist on, no slackers, no feigning of injuries, no glory seekers, your players will run themselves into the ground for him. You don't understand who you have managing you, look at my team spurs under pochettino, look at southampton under him, look at pep guardiolas teams (yeah i know he buys the players but still), you have the manager that they worship and have based their managerial styles on, wait till your team learn how to press teams properly, pressing opposition to play backward or lump the ball forward just to relieve the pressure, choking the living daylights out of them and when they submit and sit back, wave after wave of attacks, unrelenting, so much so that the opposition will be begging your players for mercy and to not make them look stupid, this is real football, this is why you support a football team, not for the odd fancy dan, you want your whole team giving everything they have because thats what football is about, welcome to football under Bielsa, you will never accept what came before again

Interesting to read back through this thread. Bielsafan's post was absolutely spot on, wasn't it?! :)
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Otherworld wrote:
bielsafan wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
bielsafan wrote:haha 7-10th winning, you boys have been beaten down over the years it seems, from what I saw of todays game, your players have bought into the managers demands already, you should have a damn good chance to win your league, its not about the individual players, its all about the team
Nar mate. You obviously wasn't watching our start last season. Very similar in performance to that, then levels started to drop as the season went on. It remains to be seen if we have a big enough squad to perform like that all season. We are better placed no doubt. :thumbup:

Your team will perform like that all season because thats what the manager will insist on, no slackers, no feigning of injuries, no glory seekers, your players will run themselves into the ground for him. You don't understand who you have managing you, look at my team spurs under pochettino, look at southampton under him, look at pep guardiolas teams (yeah i know he buys the players but still), you have the manager that they worship and have based their managerial styles on, wait till your team learn how to press teams properly, pressing opposition to play backward or lump the ball forward just to relieve the pressure, choking the living daylights out of them and when they submit and sit back, wave after wave of attacks, unrelenting, so much so that the opposition will be begging your players for mercy and to not make them look stupid, this is real football, this is why you support a football team, not for the odd fancy dan, you want your whole team giving everything they have because thats what football is about, welcome to football under Bielsa, you will never accept what came before again

Interesting to read back through this thread. Bielsafan's post was absolutely spot on, wasn't it?! :)
haha. Its got to be his wife hasn't it? Or maybe his son. :lol: Spot on assessment.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Otherworld wrote:If the option highlighted in bold is the one I chose originally, I went for runners-up, although I don't remember doing it. Think we will still finish 2nd.
Yes the bold option is your chosen one, hope I beat you on this as I am one of the 8 members opting for Champions.

To be honest never thought Sheff Utd and Norwich would have been our main rivals was thinking more Boro, Villa, Stoke and West Brom.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Sniffer wrote:Ever the optimist before a ball is kicked.
:)
Blind faith and eternal optimism had me picking us as Champions. In truth I was expecting to be brought back down to earth with a crash. And we're not there yet.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I went for playoffs but will accept being wrong.... considering I can't see us finishing 7th or worse.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

I don’t appear to have voted in August. If I was to vote now, after tomorrow’s game, and we had won, I would predict top 2, probably 2nd as Norwich look like going the distance. If we had lost, my pessimistic side would rear it’s ugly head and I would have to say play-offs. I really do hope that is not our fate. We deserve a top 2 finish.

Who would have thought Norwich would be at the top? They finished one place below us last season, on the same points but with a worse goal difference.