Stuart Dallas

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Stuart Dallas

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Is he this seasons Kalvin Phillips ? He’s certainly impressing me this season. Discuss ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Stuart Dallas

Post by Davycc »

He started to show towards the end of last season the same form he was showing for NI. Always will give 100% possibly the Bielsa effect kicking in.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Dallas certainly has improved in my opinion and seems to be getting better by the game. Pleased for him and Cooper who both seem to have improved from having Bielsa at the club.
white viz
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by white viz »

I just can’t see Ayling getting his place back because of Dallas’s form but you never know with MB
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Agreed his is having a great start to the season.

In the past few years it would have been impossible to think that he would keep Ayling out of the squad considering Ayling has been one of our better and most consistent defenders for the past few years. I thought at the start of the season if Dallas was playing well Ayling would come in at CB but again I have been blown away by Whites performances and Coopers game has been solid (although I still always fear an error or red card from him).

I just hope that he can keep this form going all year, if he can then that would be fantastic for us and he will be in the team of the year without a doubt-on current form.
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Seems to have found his best position - or MB has found it for him. Similar to Gary Kelly some years ago, converted to full back from being a forward. Links up well on the right, tracks back superbly, chips in with a few goals too, well done Stuart Dallas.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

He's stepped up which is great for him and the team, probably why he got a new contract as well. Dallas is one of those players every team needs as he can plug so many gaps. Well done! :clap:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Some fans were commenting on how long his new contract is, well if indeed he is the new KP in terms of improved form, then surely the club have done well getting him on a longer contract now. Hopefully he continues to improve and capable of making the move up when we get promoted. In a recent interview he states his family are settled in the area and he is likely to stay even after he leaves the club, so is a happy home life spurring him on to cement his place in the team.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

I always liked Dallas. Even when he wasn't getting a place in the starting XI, he was a guy who would come on and run himself into the ground for the team. This season, and towards the back end of last season, he's really stepped it up though. The guy's adapted to a new role in the team and he's made it his own over the last couple of months. Great to see players adapt and grow like this and he fully deserves his new contract.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I wrote this after the Swansea game after voting him MoM :
rigger wrote:I went for Dallas ...

He's like a luxury Andy Hughes in that he can play anywhere, always gives 100% but also is a much, much better player.

A poor man's Paul Madeley sounds a bit harsh on the lad, but it's not far off ..

I would actually like to see us play Dallas on the left wing and Costa on the right from the start of the match.
Have Phillips holding with Forshaw and Klich going box to box to support Bamford and play (slightly) more defensive fullbacks in Ayling and Douglas and see how that goes.