Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:So it's effectively character reference vs character reference, given that Bonne will be basically providing the same thing in the light of their being no actual record proof of what was said.

I can't see it sticking and I'm glad Kiko has so much support to call upon.
I'm the opposite, I think it will stick and he'll be banned for 6 matches. I don't believe any conspiracy's going on and I don't believe we will suffer too much if he is or isn't banned!

I hope he isn't but I can't see the shambles that run the game holding the trial if they thought he'd 'get away with it'.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Just read an update on Kiko, hearing next week and Phil Hay thinks he will get at least a 6 game ban with it being highly likely he will be found guilty. Leko has a team mate backing him saying he heard it.
Please could you provide a link to where you have read this, as I can’t seem to find it ?
Here Barlo
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/phil- ... o-casilla/
Thanks mate :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:So it's effectively character reference vs character reference, given that Bonne will be basically providing the same thing in the light of their being no actual record proof of what was said.

I can't see it sticking and I'm glad Kiko has so much support to call upon.
I'm the opposite, I think it will stick and he'll be banned for 6 matches. I don't believe any conspiracy's going on and I don't believe we will suffer too much if he is or isn't banned!

I hope he isn't but I can't see the shambles that run the game holding the trial if they thought he'd 'get away with it'.
My feeling too. Logic goes out of the window with the EFL. Bielsa fined £200k for not breaking any rules for instance. I think Kiko's best chance is they do seem swayed by number of voices and we're going mob-handed.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Just read an update on Kiko, hearing next week and Phil Hay thinks he will get at least a 6 game ban with it being highly likely he will be found guilty. Leko has a team mate backing him saying he heard it.
Please could you provide a link to where you have read this, as I can’t seem to find it ?
So if there another Charlton player has come forward to back up their claims, how come none of our players have come forward with what Kiko actually said? If things got lost in translation as mentioned earlier in the thread it must have been a Leeds player he was telling to mark Leko. Who was he talking to and why hasn't he made it known?
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

BrighouseWhite wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
So if there another Charlton player has come forward to back up their claims, how come none of our players have come forward with what Kiko actually said? If things got lost in translation as mentioned earlier in the thread it must have been a Leeds player he was telling to mark Leko. Who was he talking to and why hasn't he made it known?
I think they are Brig -

Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah, who was on loan at Leeds in the first half of this season and played in the 1-0 loss to Charlton, is expected to appear in front of the panel along with as many as six of Casilla’s Leeds team-mates.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

BrighouseWhite wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
AFAIK no one actually knows what was allegedly said, the rumour about 'mark the black player' was from just a suggestion that that's what he might have said (in Spanish). Also, the second Charlton player 'witness' mentioned was confirmed on the day, I remember our local media saying so.

I also posted ages back that a tweet from CAFC had been posted saying they were dropping the matter but the tweet was deleted within seconds... this was around October last year.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Selby White wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
I think they are Brig -

Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah, who was on loan at Leeds in the first half of this season and played in the 1-0 loss to Charlton, is expected to appear in front of the panel along with as many as six of Casilla’s Leeds team-mates.
My mistake then. I couldn't recall any witnesses from Leeds being mentioned, just the one from Charlton
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

BrighouseWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
I think they are Brig -

My mistake then. I couldn't recall any witnesses from Leeds being mentioned, just the one from Charlton
I hadn't realised that until reading the above so assume Leeds have just kept it in house rather than splash it on social media.

Was wondering with Eddie going along whether he is the one that Kiko shouted at to mark Leko ? assuming the rumours of what was said are correct.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Are we expecting a verdict today ?
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Are we expecting a verdict today ?
According to Calendar this morning, yes, but I am not holding my breath.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.