Graysons Gang - your memories

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Graysons Gang - your memories

Post by Leicester White »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:For me, the lowest point was getting relegated in to L1 thanks to Wise and Bates. The Histon defeat was bad but TBH I half expected it, everything seemed to be conspiring to make it another Cup 'shock'. I thought even then that the match shouldn't have been played due to bad weather but it was live on TV, it 'HAD' to be played :P

I liked all the players then, they all cared about the club I reckon. I'd have Howson back now TBH with you, just as a squad player :)

I don't remember Histon being bad, weather-wise ??
It's the worst performance I've ever witnessed and a new low, but I thought it was a clear day wasn't it ?
Maybe it's just my memory .. I've tried to erase everything about it, to be honest.

Love Jonny. Always thought he was a better player than Delph and I agree, I'd have him back now. Both of 'em :D
Nah it was indeed a terrible day weather wise.

Terrible commentary... John Beck mistaken for Steve Fallon, Jack Midson mistaken for Danny Wright! I lived half a mile away from Histon's ground at the time and enjoyed a locin that night with Steve Fallon at The Railway Vue pub. Yes, rainy day, but not call the match off conditions. Histon were decent that season, I knew it'd be close. When they narrowly missed out on promotion to the football league, Lance Key retired and all 10 outfield players moved on. Imagine that, losing your entire 1st 11 in the summer. Very sad. Histon, not bad for a village team. And Impington Village College won the English Schools FA Cup with Fallon's coaching. Beck went mighty close to doing a Wimbledon at Cambridge Utd too... 4th division to 1 wrongly disallowed Dion Dublin goal away from the top flight.