Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby Barlow Boy » 23 Jul 2020, 12:15

John Dane wrote:Thomas Christiansen appointed new head coach of the national team in Panama.

Nice fella, good luck to him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 8106
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby NottinghamWhite » 23 Jul 2020, 12:31

John Dane wrote:Thomas Christiansen appointed new head coach of the national team in Panama.


As others have said he’s a nice guy just not what was required at Leeds at the time.
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 25840
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby Mr Russell » 26 Jul 2020, 10:10

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/leeds-l ... ecial-club

Thoughts by Viduka on our promotion who has been very quiet since he retired.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
User avatar
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5730
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 03:22
Location: Behind you

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby Mr Russell » 01 Aug 2020, 01:21

Harry Kewell is one of the favourites for the vacant Oldham job.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
User avatar
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5730
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 03:22
Location: Behind you

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby NottinghamWhite » 01 Aug 2020, 13:30

Mr Russell wrote:Harry Kewell is one of the favourites for the vacant Oldham job.


Just officially announced
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 25840
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby Saxon » 01 Aug 2020, 14:50

Kewell must really love football to take the type of management jobs he has up to now. His % win rate is terrible, but who knows in the right situation he might be successful given time to bring youngsters through.
Saxon
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 13 Jun 2020, 15:03

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby Frankie » 01 Aug 2020, 18:27

Saxon wrote:Kewell must really love football to take the type of management jobs he has up to now. His % win rate is terrible, but who knows in the right situation he might be successful given time to bring youngsters through.



I saw an interview with him a year or so ago, at his last club, I think, and he said he absolutely loved being a manager, nearly more than playing, I believe.
Don Revie: "When Eddie Gray plays on snow he doesn’t leave any footprints."
User avatar
Frankie
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: 01 Mar 2014, 16:07

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby lufctrav » Yesterday, 00:42

He may enjoy it but i find it telling that no A-League club has seemed to show interest in having him as manager
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner
 
Posts: 387
Joined: 23 Feb 2011, 11:43

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby Frankie » Yesterday, 09:14

lufctrav wrote:He may enjoy it but i find it telling that no A-League club has seemed to show interest in having him as manager


All clubs need a manager, some prefer to manage in the lower leagues and I can understand why, its much more about the football there generally.
Don Revie: "When Eddie Gray plays on snow he doesn’t leave any footprints."
User avatar
Frankie
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: 01 Mar 2014, 16:07

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Postby Mr Russell » Yesterday, 10:27

Frankie wrote:
lufctrav wrote:He may enjoy it but i find it telling that no A-League club has seemed to show interest in having him as manager


All clubs need a manager, some prefer to manage in the lower leagues and I can understand why, its much more about the football there generally.


Actually not strictly true my Aussie team the Newcastle Jets had Harry and Robbie Fowler apply for the then vacant job, both failed as Harry wanted more money :shh:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
User avatar
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5730
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 03:22
Location: Behind you

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BielsaARG, Google [Bot], Selby White, woody49 and 10 guests