2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Leicester White »

Nice watch this - https://youtu.be/XKtpL5qY_mY - we can dream! :-)
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

So it looks like Duffy is off to west brom. That leaves Dunk, Webster, Veltman and White at Brighton, looks less likely we'll get our man. Also with us signing Drameh at RB tells me he'll cover for Ayling when Ayling is required to cover at CB.

I hope they have a plan B CB marked if we can't get White, which I would be gutted about, especially for him, as he clearly wants to be at Leeds.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

My point I forgot to mention on Ayling cover is that we'll get only one CB not two.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

HalifaxWhite wrote:My point I forgot to mention on Ayling cover is that we'll get only one CB not two.
I mentioned it :D
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

it seems ben whites contract at brighton expires in june 2022.
he has turned down 2 new contract offers from them already , but thats not surprising when the likes of liverpool , chelsea & leeds are reportedly after him.
it appears that he has not (as yet.) handed in a transfer request , which would surely help if he wants to join any of those clubs?
i hope he joins us , but some of the figures being mentioned £30-40m for his signature seems extortionate to me & though i dont think it will happen what if we some how we get relegated how much would he be worth then?
i guess time will tell.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Pedant alert. They've used 'principle' rather than 'principal' in the headline for this article. ;)

I also like the bit in the second line where they refer to the deal being "with sports betting bread SBOTOP". Talk about a half-baked article...
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Just read that Maitland-Niles is being made available.

Ideal for Bielsa, versatile player just what he loves, has played CM, RM, LM and LB last season.

Also because of the structure at Arsenal I don't think his wages will be too bad. People scoff at £40k but we had PB and KC on that last year in the championship, don't think he would be much higher to be honest.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Just read that Maitland-Niles is being made available.

Ideal for Bielsa, versatile player just what he loves, has played CM, RM, LM and LB last season.

Also because of the structure at Arsenal I don't think his wages will be too bad. People scoff at £40k but we had PB and KC on that last year in the championship, don't think he would be much higher to be honest.
I'd love to see him in a white shirt under Bielsa HW, that's a great shout. "2 Premier League clubs" are interested apparently, with one of them supposedly Spurs (although can't see him going there).

Sounds as though Gelhardt deal is finally done (four-year deal £1m plus add-ons, which is a bargain), and Cody Drameh will be sorted tomorrow am (£400k, rising to £1m with add-ons). Two exciting you players, even if there's a lack of movement on the big players.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’