2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Leonickroberts »

Austin91 wrote:
whiteinfrance wrote:I'm starting to think the most likely outcome is another loan spell at Leeds for White.

But I think we will need to sweeten the deal for it to happen.

Also remember we are only allowed 2 loan deals at any one time in the Premiership.
It's reasons like this I was confused about us extending Harrisons loan as opposed to buying. I was under the impression we had an option to buy this year at a reasonable price, and, considering he's tried and tested with us it seemed a no-brainer to go for the permanent transfer.
I think it was done to defer the £8m payment until next summer, thereby freeing up more funds for this window. Seemed a very smart move to me. We keep the player, mutual obligation that we'll sign him next summer so he's effectively ours already in the same way that Cost was, but also get to reallocate some funds to new players.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Having just read this, it's all a bit confusing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51665904
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's not that difficult to understand, is it ?
Not once you get the reasoning : to stop the stockpiling of talent by mega-clubs.

So, we can have TWO loanees playing for us at any time and a total of FOUR across the season.
So, Harrison is one. Let's say we get White as well. That's it for us if we intend to play them most of the time.
If one got injured - say White - then we could draft in a third loan player and play him instead, eg Chris Smalling.

But it also means we can't loan any more than FOUR more players 22+ out to other clubs.
I think most of our likely loanable talent is under 23 anyway - the likes of Bogusz and the two kids we signed this week, for example - so it wouldn't affect us that much.

What it does do for us right now is make it effectively ONE more loanee of quality after one slot's been allocated to Harrison.

I actually think it's a good thing : more of those players at big English clubs are likely to be released and it should see a rise - long term - in the standard of football across the board if they're picked up rather than left to play age-group football or lower league all the time.
I reckon a lot of the successful Chelsea academy graduates would be snapped up by lesser EPL and top Championship sides and they'd feature pretty quickly given the quality they should have.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Yes the main point is that we can only get ONE other major loan , whether they are from the premiership or not
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

whiteinfrance wrote:Yes the main point is that we can only get ONE other major loan , whether they are from the premiership or not
So you did understand it :think:
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Getting a touch worried by the White situation, not because of White but for Bielsa, he has been known to walk if his transfer demands arent achieved (although it does at least look like we are trying to get White which may help), he hasnt signed up for next season yet, could it be that he will only stay if we get White as I presume that given our bids going in that White was Bielsas number 1 transfer target.

I would happily pay a small premium for White given he knows the Bielsa way, but in all negotiations you have to a have line you can go no further from and be prepared to walk away, I sense we are getting to that stage.

Now, if White were to ask for a transfer that might change things.....
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Leeds fans on twitter are on the case with this:

#FreeBenWhite

:clap: :lol:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Meanwhile SSN stating that we're expected to make a third bid for him (seems that this morning's rumoured £30m rejection wasn't true).
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Jamie Shackleton has signed a new 4 year deal, great news for the lad, keeps him at Leeds till 2024.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... al-2940618
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.