Watching Leeds - exhilarating but draining

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dunboyne white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Watching Leeds - exhilarating but draining

Post by dunboyne white »

10 games into this new adventure and with every game live on TV I’m just about getting used to the experience of watching Bielsa’s high intensity but high-wire-without-a-safety-net football playing out on the big stage. It is absolutely exhilarating but incredibly draining - and that’s just on my sofa, I can only imagine what it would be like to actually be there. The exhilaration comes from the speed and intensity of the football, the brilliance of the passing, but the draining part is the failure to convert the chances and the knowledge that for all the dominance we’re just one mistake away from a defeat.

I watch several Premier League games each weekend and they almost all seem slow and sedate by comparison. Our last two games have delivered one goal in total but the pundits raved over both for their entertainment value.

It’s a rollercoaster ride every weekend and I can’t get enough of it. This is the way football should be and it’s what the Premier League has been missing, for all the hype.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Watching Leeds - exhilarating but draining

Post by Selby White »

Its sheer edge of the seat entertainment.

Enjoy it while it lasts as sadly we wont have Marcelo for ever and its going to be a hard act to follow.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Watching Leeds - exhilarating but draining

Post by Leicester White »

You're not alone! :-)