Final points tally

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Final points tally

Post by Nic »

dunboyne white wrote:A little bump for this thread is required, I think. The 3 points today are a total bonus so my 53 becomes 56.
Getting very confident of the top half finish too.
Really? We, are on 45 with 7 games to go. So the only way secure exactly 11 points from 7 games is W3D2L2 or W2D5L0. As we've only drawn 3 games so far this season, I can't see us drawing that many.

We have 4 games to teams in the bottom 7. Win those and we are on 57. If we get anything from the remaining top 7 games we could be on 60. I would say at the bare minimum is getting 3 wins from the lower teams, putting us on 54, but do think we will again finish strong - no covid break coming to the rescue this time. So 58-60 points as we'll get something from either the Liverpool or Spurs game, whether it be a win or an elusive draw.

There is also the where we will finish. We might possibly catch Everton, but probably unlikely and I think it will be 9th-11th depending on whether we can keep above Villa and Arsenal. Not sure about Arsenal as they have all the bottom 5 to play, who they haven't dropped points, so that possibly puts them on 57, and if they get something from Palace could be on 60. Villa have a much harder run in, with 6 games against top 8 sides including Everton twice. So maybe they'll get 9 points, and so we could well finish above them.

As a note. Sure the totals in my text differ from that in the chart. The chart is basically dividing the table into three and using the PPG for each section to predict likely points for remaining games.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’ve got us finishing 9th. Only takes a couple of minutes ;)

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... e-18356604
Winner of the Europa League
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’ve got us finishing 9th. Only takes a couple of minutes ;)

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... e-18356604
I have us with 60 points and finishing 8th............... :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

9th with 56 pts. The hammers and Leicester make the champions league, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs don't.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

With 7 games to go I am going for Leeds to finish above Liverpool so will go for either 5th or 6th. :thumbup:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Turned out 10th for me (always the pessimist)
City win by 12
XXXX, Leicester and Hammers get Champs Lge
We end up 10 points clear of 11th placed Villa (doesn't seem right in reality tho, that gap is waaaay too big...)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Nic

Post by Nic »

With 5 points from the last three games, how many of you are revising final tally points upwards?
dunboyne white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunboyne white »

Nic wrote:With 5 points from the last three games, how many of you are revising final tally points upwards?
Absolutely. The heart says 4 wins and a draw and a final tally of 60. The head says there’s bound to be one game that goes wrong so we’ll end up on 57/58. Probably 9th.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

A top ten finish would be amazing especially as the 2 teams that came up with us have really struggled and could both be relegated. I honestly thought we would finish just above a relegation spot. Can’t see any of the teams coming causing any problems next season and I would think all 3, irrespective of which 3 they are will start as favourites to go down, thus the yo-yo continues
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

ChilwellWhite wrote:A top ten finish would be amazing especially as the 2 teams that came up with us have really struggled and could both be relegated. I honestly thought we would finish just above a relegation spot. Can’t see any of the teams coming causing any problems next season and I would think all 3, irrespective of which 3 they are will start as favourites to go down, thus the yo-yo continues
I agree that Watford look good but not brilliant, and none of the playoff sides are particularly great, but this Norwich side is pretty phenomenal and the club seems to be very well run. They'll be a great addition to the EPL, and should be able to hang onto Buendia at least, even if Aarons does go (I'd love him at Leeds but unlikely we can compete).
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’