Injuries 2021-2022

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Injuries 2021-2022

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It was great seeing Paddy do the full 90 minutes last night for the U23’s mind he looked knackered at the end. Bill did the 1st half & I expect too see him on the bench tonight. The touches he had showed he’s still got it :D
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Was surprised that Ayling wasn’t on the bench last night. Hoping we see him and Paddy at least make the bench on Sunday. Hopefully no fresh injuries last night.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Looks like Kalvin is out for a while.....

https://twitter.com/apopey/status/14684 ... 02369?s=21
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Hate to say this but Patrick Bamford was clutching his thigh after the goal celebrations. Hopefully it is just a team mate jumping on him awkwardly .......
Keep The Faith / WAL
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:Looks like Kalvin is out for a while.....

https://twitter.com/apopey/status/14684 ... 02369?s=21
Telegraph Sport today says 2 months.
I once played against Don Revie.
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Clarke One Nil »

To my untrained eye, we seem to have regular injuries with lengthy recovery times. I don’t follow the injuries at other clubs, but does anyone know how we compare on average?

Do other clubs have the same number of injuries but cover for it with bigger squads, or do we have more injuries or respond to them more cautiously in terms of recovery times?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Clarke One Nil wrote:To my untrained eye, we seem to have regular injuries with lengthy recovery times. I don’t follow the injuries at other clubs, but does anyone know how we compare on average?

Do other clubs have the same number of injuries but cover for it with bigger squads, or do we have more injuries or respond to them more cautiously in terms of recovery times?
All teams have them some more & some less.

Our issue is that ours often seem to be to key players or players that play in same position.

Good website to see all teams here -
https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Bloody hell, we really are in trouble aren't we. We were always going to lose the next four games, but I'm worried about conceding well into double-figures across them now. This also only further goes to show the problems with a small squad, and why the "we'll be great when everybody is fit" myth should be well and truly put to bed. I wonder if this is almost a blessing in disguise. There's absolutely no way we can go through the January window without making some signings now.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Bloody hell, we really are in trouble aren't we. We were always going to lose the next four games, but I'm worried about conceding well into double-figures across them now. This also only further goes to show the problems with a small squad, and why the "we'll be great when everybody is fit" myth should be well and truly put to bed. I wonder if this is almost a blessing in disguise. There's absolutely no way we can go through the January window without making some signings now.
We quite literally have nothing to lose in these next four games, we're not going to win them with 50% of the first team injured, so time to give some of those very promising u23s a no pressure free hit - see what you can do against the top teams lads, have a go.

We can get serious again when we can actually cobble together a first team squad.

Even my Canadian work mates who know sweet FA about football were asking me today what's going on with Leeds..!!