2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by corkleedsmot »

Being saying this since the summer before last but we should def go gor Jason Knight. I know we are interested but would be a steal considering Derby's situation. Can play 6 or 8 and lad never stops running so would be match ready coming in. Derby captain at 20 so big personality. 8 million would be a steal. Has played out wide too so could prob play rw and rb. Very like Dallas in some ways.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Would sell Rodrigo. We should get higher fee now than in summer. We have enough quality to stay in prem. Bammy is coming back and think behind him Gelhardt would benefit more than playing as lone striker.
No point holding underperforming unhappy player in the squad, he is not getting any younger either.

We should go for Swift from Reading, he is out of contract in summer and could be good competition for Klich and more depth to midfield.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back from my daily walk & I bumped into a neighbour a Derby season ticket holder & he says there are strong rumours that Jason Knight is joining us in a £8 million deal. This deal will mean Derby get the £7 million required by the EFL to show they have enough funds to complete the season. Don’t really know a lot about the lad if I’m honest.
Winner of the Europa League
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just back from my daily walk & I bumped into a neighbour a Derby season ticket holder & he says there are strong rumours that Jason Knight is joining us in a £8 million deal. This deal will mean Derby get the £7 million required by the EFL to show they have enough funds to complete the season. Don’t really know a lot about the lad if I’m honest.
Did your neighbour look over the fence when he told you that? :lol:
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Btw, why club like Brentford is going after Eriksen and we are not? I understand the first joke that Bielsa hard working and his health. But he is fit to do things + his contribution would be huge even from mentoring side. Only problem might be his wages.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

saihtam wrote:Btw, why club like Brentford is going after Eriksen and we are not? I understand the first joke that Bielsa hard working and his health. But he is fit to do things + his contribution would be huge even from mentoring side. Only problem might be his wages.
No disrespect but he's the wrong age for one thing, plus whether or not folk would joke about it, can you seriously imagine our club wanting the, dread the thought, 'guilt' if something happened to him while training at the high tempo our players do? TBH it seems a bit of a desperation signing to me, good player though he certainly was. And yes of course wages would be a problem, you've basically answered your own question :D
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just back from my daily walk & I bumped into a neighbour a Derby season ticket holder & he says there are strong rumours that Jason Knight is joining us in a £8 million deal. This deal will mean Derby get the £7 million required by the EFL to show they have enough funds to complete the season. Don’t really know a lot about the lad if I’m honest.
Living so close to Derby and so many mates who are Rams fans I hear a lot - The current situation is a mess and could be hit/miss if resolved and as you say they need 7m before the end of Jan to continue - To much to mention about it now on this message and not relevant

Knight is a bit of an attacking midfield player - Centre not wide - Can score when moving beyond the striker - In a way I'd say closer to Lee Boyer than anything else we have today - Maybe competition for Klich's place - In a 4-1-4-1 then he'd sit behind Bamford and ahead of KP - He does score useful goals and is quite highly rated by their fans - He appears to have taken over from Sibley in their starting line up
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

guitarmark wrote:
Living so close to Derby and so many mates who are Rams fans I hear a lot - The current situation is a mess and could be hit/miss if resolved and as you say they need 7m before the end of Jan to continue - To much to mention about it now on this message and not relevant

Knight is a bit of an attacking midfield player - Centre not wide - Can score when moving beyond the striker - In a way I'd say closer to Lee Boyer than anything else we have today - Maybe competition for Klich's place - In a 4-1-4-1 then he'd sit behind Bamford and ahead of KP - He does score useful goals and is quite highly rated by their fans - He appears to have taken over from Sibley in their starting line up
I'd be chuffed with Knight. The profile of player we seem to be after is one who's good enough to be a sub/backup for the rest of this season, but also with enough potential to not become deadweight in the summer if we want to bring in more ambitious signings, and for me Knight (and Sibley) both fit the bill. Swift has less potential for growth. To be honest though, I think this is more likely to be lazy journalism - Derby need money + Leeds and Newcastle need midfielders = Leeds and Newcastle in for Derby midfielders.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

I know they are only rumours but if you are signing for now John Swift is more proven and at prime age for a midfielder.
However if we are looking for players to cover and eventually replace our 30+ year olds (Klich, Dallas and Forshaw) Knight is a good possibility from what i've read about him. £8 million isn't really a big gamble in today's market. I'll be honest though and have only seen glimpses of both players so based on how good others say they are.

Be good if someone can provide running stats of the two of them compared to our existing players.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I watched the last Reading game on Sky can’t remember who they played & the reason I did watch to watch Swift. He was average at best did nothing to have me screaming sign him up.
Winner of the Europa League