2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by blackbox2342 »

Kronen wrote:Christian Eriksen has been rumoured to Brentford. Surely Leeds would be a much better place for such a good player to roam the midfield?
I think he would be the perfect signing, we need some quality on the midfield.
Not out of the blue, reported back on 18 December!

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopi ... on#p238480
Kronen
Giddy Kipper

Post by Kronen »

I am not sure Red Bull are willing to sell to Leeds. Did we not have this thing with a player a few years back? Did we pay for the guy?
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Victor Orta is being busy and Leeds have also tabled a bid for a second as of yet unidentified player - according to David Anderson at Mirror.
cheffy007

Post by cheffy007 »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Love the fact that there's rampant speculation everywhere, names being thrown around like no tomorrow - and then when we put a real bid in on someone it's always someone the press have never even mentioned in passing :D
Or we’ve never heard of
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Kronen wrote:I am not sure Red Bull are willing to sell to Leeds. Did we not have this thing with a player a few years back? Did we pay for the guy?
Not Salzburg it was RB Leipzig for JKA, still in the hands of the courts I believe.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

CanuckMightyWhite wrote:Phil Hay
@PhilHay_
Exc: From
@TheAthletic
and
@samstejskal
- Leeds United have tabled a formal bid for RB Salzburg midfielder Brenden Aaronson. Believed to be in the region of £15m. Salzburg valuation higher than that but Leeds persisting with their interest.
Known as the Medford Messi after where he comes from and the player he plays similar to.
Probably comes from a town called Messi :D

Actually sounds like a cracking talent so if it's true could be a ideal signing.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Selby White wrote:Known as the Medford Messi after where he comes from and the player he plays similar to.

Actually sounds like a cracking talent so if it's true could be a ideal signing.
There's a great article about him on The Athletic tonight, I wish I could just copy the entire article and post it but that's kinda wrong, here's a quote from it though:
The Athletic wrote:At the moment, that kind of pressing is probably Aaronson’s best quality. Whether he’s playing at the tip of the diamond for Salzburg or on the wing for the U.S., Aaronson consistently makes a huge impact without the ball.
Here's a quick summary of points from the article:

He's not had it easy becoming a professional footballer, was viewed as too small for most of his youth and young career to date until very recently, so has had to fight harder against bigger lads to get recognized and as a result has a really good attitude and work ethic.
Had his breakthrough year at Philadelphia Union in 19/20, moved to RB Salzburg in 2020 and scored five goals with five assists in 20 league games, with another two goals in three cup games.
Currently key player in RB Salzburg's Champions League squad.
Sounds like he's carving himself out a spot in the USMNT as well, so gaining international experience.
His pressing is one of his key strengths and he is "clearly off the charts, running wise" according to one of his coaches.
Can play 10, Right Wing and Centre Forward.

Sounds like he might be a better fit at 10 than Rodrigo.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

John Dane wrote:I’m only guessing, but I think, that Eriksen wants to live in London. And I think, that the “Danish” club Brentford will suit him (apart from the fact, that Christian Norgaard plays Eriksens role and is doing a fine job IMO).

I honestly don’t want him to Leeds United, I’m afraid, that he is not as good as in his Spurs-days. As I recall, he wasn’t good in his last season in Spurs and he was no succes in Italy either.

Finally I must say, that I think, that the Danish National Team is better without Eriksen (please don’t tell it to any other Danes, I will be executed by daylight :D)
:D :clap:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

These 2 rumours are from the BBC

Arsenal, Tottenham and Leeds are interested in Middlesbrough's English full-back Djed Spence, 21, who is currently on loan at Nottingham Forest. Sky Sports.

Leeds will make an improved offer for Red Bull Salzburg's 21-year-old United States international midfielder Brenden Aaronson after an initial bid of just over £15m was rejected. Daily M*il.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
Selby White wrote:Known as the Medford Messi after where he comes from and the player he plays similar to.

There's a great article about him on The Athletic tonight, I wish I could just copy the entire article and post it but that's kinda wrong, here's a quote from it though:
The Athletic wrote:At the moment, that kind of pressing is probably Aaronson’s best quality. Whether he’s playing at the tip of the diamond for Salzburg or on the wing for the U.S., Aaronson consistently makes a huge impact without the ball.
Here's a quick summary of points from the article:

He's not had it easy becoming a professional footballer, was viewed as too small for most of his youth and young career to date until very recently, so has had to fight harder against bigger lads to get recognized and as a result has a really good attitude and work ethic.
Had his breakthrough year at Philadelphia Union in 19/20, moved to RB Salzburg in 2020 and scored five goals with five assists in 20 league games, with another two goals in three cup games.
Currently key player in RB Salzburg's Champions League squad.
Sounds like he's carving himself out a spot in the USMNT as well, so gaining international experience.
His pressing is one of his key strengths and he is "clearly off the charts, running wise" according to one of his coaches.
Can play 10, Right Wing and Centre Forward.

Sounds like he might be a better fit at 10 than Rodrigo.
Some good analysis of Aaronson here from the guys at All Stats Aren't We: https://allstatsarentwe.medium.com/bren ... 185eefe382
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’