2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by The Fonz »

Rumours we are trying to snatch Fabio Carvalho from Fulham from under the noses of Liverpool & West Ham.
19 year old attacking midfielder scored 7 in 20 appearances this season.
mintyshoe
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mintyshoe »

Aaronson has emerged as the number one target this window, and seems to fit the bill. This is one we can agree is concrete but it will be difficult to get over the line.

Aside from that deal, I'd be happy to bring in Carvalho and Spence as options that fall between the Senior and U23 squad (especially given Bielsa's preference for a small squad of senior players*). This season has shown we're lacking the depth of youth with the ability to supplement both teams, especially during a prolonged injury crisis. The result has been worsening results for the first team and knock-on effects on the U23s.

Although we have promising youth players, it's unsustainable to rely on debutants in a league as demanding as the PL. This is where players like Gelhardt, Klaesson and Hjelde are a step ahead given they already had first team experience prior to joining. Carvalho and Spence are of a similar ilk that would strengthen both the bench and the U23 where necessary.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

I see scum are willing to offload Lingard permanently, I have to say I am frustrated were not linked. He would be reasonable cost, peak age, experienced international and PL, creative midfield, hard working, seems to have a good attitude and gives it all even when on the fringes. Was brilliant at West Ham.

We're missing a trick if we don't throw our hat in for him.

Maybe Newcastle would offer him more money I suppose could be the only issue.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

The Fonz wrote:Rumours we are trying to snatch Fabio Carvalho from Fulham from under the noses of Liverpool & West Ham.
19 year old attacking midfielder scored 7 in 20 appearances this season.
I can see him as a good option - To be fair anyone and everyone is scoring for Fulham at the moment - They are having a field day
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote:I see scum are willing to offload Lingard permanently, I have to say I am frustrated were not linked. He would be reasonable cost, peak age, experienced international and PL, creative midfield, hard working, seems to have a good attitude and gives it all even when on the fringes. Was brilliant at West Ham.

We're missing a trick if we don't throw our hat in for him.

Maybe Newcastle would offer him more money I suppose could be the only issue.
We have a batch of players around the 30 mark give or take (Klich, Dallas, Rodrigo & Forshaw) so don't agree we should be looking for a 29 year old.
Its players of a age that we can filter in as others decline in performance as they get older.
Its not a exact thing some may keep doing well to their mid 30's but others could go downhill anytime.

Most of our talented kids are in their teens and still learning but can do a job , quality players in their early 20's is what I believe we should be scouting for.
I know it isn't a given but prime playing years for me are 22 to 29 years old.
TelfordLeeds
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by TelfordLeeds »

Bielsa's greatest skill is improving players, I can't see him wanting a 29 year old. Reading his biography, his biggest achievement was recruiting a lot of youngsters for an unfashionable team and beating the big boys to the Argentine league title. I dream of him staying at Leeds for another five years and doing the same.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Leeds United have had a £15m bid rejected by Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg for 21-year-old United States midfielder Brenden Aaronson. (Yorkshire Evening Post)
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Sounds like we've submitted a second bid for Aaronson of £20m, and are willing to go up to £22m if rumours are to be believed. (Source: Beren Cross and various others)
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Apparently Orta is in Salzburg trying to get the deal over the line.
Polkadot

Post by Polkadot »

This might drag out, then we pay 30m for him January 31st..
but he does look very good and he seems to be a nice fit so whether he cost 22m or 30m I’m not that bothered about. If he turns out good it’s a great success. If he doesn’t perform he is a miss buy no matter if we paid 15, 22 or 30