2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Polkadot »

How many would be happy if we spent 20m on Chris Wood for example?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Polkadot wrote:How many would be happy if we spent 20m on Chris Wood for example?
Why, we're not going to?
Polkadot

Post by Polkadot »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Polkadot wrote:How many would be happy if we spent 20m on Chris Wood for example?
Why, we're not going to?
No, but it’s an example of a player that was available this January and we would have the funds to do it (as we have bid 20m for the American boy). The point was, it’s not hard to sign players in January, but it’s hard to sign the right players.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Some new rumours. Muriqi is on verge of Lazio exit but no word if it is to us.
Leeds United are eyeing up a late move for Noa Lang before transfer deadline day
Leeds United expect their £20million bid for Brenden Aaronson to be rejected by Red Bull Salzburg, according to the Mail on Sunday.

The newspaper reported on 23 January [page 151] that Leeds are set to hold further talks to sign the 21-year-old midfielder, who’s their number one target for the rest of the January transfer window.
according to transfer expert Pete O’Rourke, two players that were rumoured for a potential signing will not be making the switch to Elland Road before the end of the month.

Todd Cantwell and Boubacar Kamara are the two players that have been previously linked that he claimed will not make a move to Leeds in the next week.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Cantwell would be a good addition, I don't think he'd be the perfect fit but would be a better fit than Rodrigo or TR in the #10 slot.

I like the Aaronson lad from RB Salzburg a bit better for that role though, both are young, energetic, creative attacking midfielders but Aaronson is also known for his pressing game, so would be a slightly better fit with our style. From what I know of the two Aaronson seems to be a bit more flexible than Cantwell, he'd also be a legitimate RW and backup #9.

I don't think Cantwell will happen though, his lack of games/performances in recent times will count against him, the media just like throwing his name around. In a similar vein, I can't see us going for Noa Lang, that story is also in the Nandez/de Paul category for me, lots of agent/media driven noise but nothing real from the club, I also read somewhere there are question marks over his effort/application/professionalism which would not make him a good fit for us.

I'd be delighted if Aaronson joined though, he'll still be a good buy if we have to wait until summer, assuming we can stay up! I'd also still like to see us find another left back option, I know Struijk and Dallas can fill in there but some genuine competition for Firpo or even a u23 development option would help us look a little less threadbare.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

Didn’t we have Cody drameh as understudy, but bielsa would rather play struijk or Dallas there out of position,
Maybe that’s why he upped and left, didn’t gelhardt play well against wolves , but then stuck on the bench or out the squad for next game. So the misfiring roberts could play. Bate has done nothing wrong when he gets the chance especially against West Ham and his a genuine midfielder which we lack, and he was hooked off for Rodrigo. Yes we’ve played a lot of youngsters because of injuries but are not rewarded by keeping there place imho.
Yes bielsa improves players and gets the best out of he’s favourites , but for me they know if fit ,they will play in some position . And that has cost us a fair few points.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Drameh is a Right-Back, really.
Leo Hjelda did well at Left-Back.
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

whitedancer wrote: didn’t gelhardt play well against wolves , but then stuck on the bench or out the squad for next game.
Not disagreeing that I would like to see more of the young lads but Gelhardt picked up an injury after his cameo against Wolves and was out 4 weeks.
Hence not in squad for Arsenal (league Cup), Norwich & Leicester.
First game after that was Spurs away which he started.
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

whitedancer wrote:Didn’t we have Cody drameh as understudy, but bielsa would rather play struijk or Dallas there out of position,
Maybe that’s why he upped and left, didn’t gelhardt play well against wolves , but then stuck on the bench or out the squad for next game. So the misfiring roberts could play. Bate has done nothing wrong when he gets the chance especially against West Ham and his a genuine midfielder which we lack, and he was hooked off for Rodrigo. Yes we’ve played a lot of youngsters because of injuries but are not rewarded by keeping there place imho.
Yes bielsa improves players and gets the best out of he’s favourites , but for me they know if fit ,they will play in some position . And that has cost us a fair few points.
I agree - I think all the young lads have done well when called upon but hardly kept their place the following game. Creswell, Gelhardt, Hjelde, Bate, Drameh have all shown promise and contributed to great results. I think MB should really have rewarded the team for the result at West Ham by sticking with the same. Surely they had earnt their chance hadn't they? Rodrigo is the big money signing but for me I'd have still left him on the bench and played Bate. If you're good enough you're old enough, same for Hjelde, part of a winning side, stick with it!
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

The Athletic journalist Phil Hay has mooted the possibility of Tyler Roberts being sent out on loan by Leeds United in the last week of the January transfer window.
If this happens then we would have to have bodies lined up surely?