Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sevillewhite
Giddy Kipper

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by Sevillewhite »

Newcastle beating Arsenal and look well on top. While arsenal not getting the 3 points might mean they’re not up for the last game against Everton, I’d honestly rather Newcastle enter the game with Burnley on the final day determined to finish the season as high up the table as possible. Burnley have two tough games and, if we’re honest, it might be more likely that they lose both games than it would us beating Brentford. Maybe that’s wishful thinking though!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sevillewhite wrote:Newcastle beating Arsenal and look well on top. While arsenal not getting the 3 points might mean they’re not up for the last game against Everton, I’d honestly rather Newcastle enter the game with Burnley on the final day determined to finish the season as high up the table as possible. Burnley have two tough games and, if we’re honest, it might be more likely that they lose both games than it would us beating Brentford. Maybe that’s wishful thinking though!
I fancy us to get something at Brentford, but absolutely I would accept two losses for Burnley, that injury time goal from Pascal would take in even more significance then.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Sevillewhite wrote:Newcastle beating Arsenal and look well on top.
2-0 to Newcastle now.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Sevillewhite wrote:Newcastle beating Arsenal and look well on top. While arsenal not getting the 3 points might mean they’re not up for the last game against Everton, I’d honestly rather Newcastle enter the game with Burnley on the final day determined to finish the season as high up the table as possible. Burnley have two tough games and, if we’re honest, it might be more likely that they lose both games than it would us beating Brentford. Maybe that’s wishful thinking though!
I fancy us to get something at Brentford, but absolutely I would accept two losses for Burnley, that injury time goal from Pascal would take in even more significance then.
With you on that, I fancy us to have a good game against Brentford and I am really hoping Burnley's little renaissance has burnt itself out a bit now.

Newcastle vs Arsenal though - Eddie Howe, more like Eddie How-the-flocking-hell-has-done-that? What a job he's done at Newcastle, unbelievable the transformation he's got out of that squad. I know he spent a bit of money in January but 2-3 signings isn't the driver for their change in fortunes, he's literally transformed the mindset of that club. I would love to have a pint with that guy and talk about how to motivate people and raise standards of performance.
bc grinner
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by bc grinner »

It makes me nervous because Burnley are built for draws. Against the Spurs, they looked to be time-wasting from the beginning of the match.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Newcastle play like they did tonight Burnley are not going to like it one bit.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
With you on that, I fancy us to have a good game against Brentford and I am really hoping Burnley's little renaissance has burnt itself out a bit now.

Newcastle vs Arsenal though - Eddie Howe, more like Eddie How-the-flocking-hell-has-done-that? What a job he's done at Newcastle, unbelievable the transformation he's got out of that squad. I know he spent a bit of money in January but 2-3 signings isn't the driver for their change in fortunes, he's literally transformed the mindset of that club. I would love to have a pint with that guy and talk about how to motivate people and raise standards of performance.
A few weeks ago there were people on this forum predicting we'd finish above Newcastle.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

Westminster wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

A few weeks ago there were people on this forum predicting we'd finish above Newcastle.
just shows what a few signings,and a good manager will do.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

Metro1962 wrote:Newcastle play like they did tonight Burnley are not going to like it one bit.
i doubt they will, and will gerrard put a full side out against burnley, when they got man city at the weekend. :think:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

whitedancer wrote:
Westminster wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

just shows what a few signings,and a good manager will do.
Or cancelling your games when key players are injured and blaming covid.
Cheating imho did well for them.

No doubting they have done well since but those games they cancelled when Saint Maxim and a few others have worked in their favour.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.