Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by Barlow Boy »

whitedancer wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:Newcastle play like they did tonight Burnley are not going to like it one bit.
i doubt they will, and will gerrard put a full side out against burnley, when they got man city at the weekend. :think:
I think it’s the other way round, Gerrard will know he’s got very little chance of getting anything at Man City away in the final game of the season when they are looking to be crowned champions. He will see the Burnley game as his last chance of any more points this season.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:
whitedancer wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:Newcastle play like they did tonight Burnley are not going to like it one bit.
i doubt they will, and will gerrard put a full side out against burnley, when they got man city at the weekend. :think:
I think it’s the other way round, Gerrard will know he’s got very little chance of getting anything at Man City away in the final game of the season when they are looking to be crowned champions. He will see the Burnley game as his last chance of any more points this season.
I like Gerrard, think he's got genuine integrity. He may be a Mersey red, but the ultimate professional in him will ensure he does what's best for his club, not any other regardless of history.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

kk white wrote:I like Gerrard, think he's got genuine integrity. He may be a Mersey red, but the ultimate professional in him will ensure he does what's best for his club, not any other regardless of history.
He won't be able to help himself, he's such a competitive individual, he's going to try to win every single game. So I have no worries about him not preparing Villa to turn up and go for the win against Burnley.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
whitedancer wrote:
Gerrard will be doing everything possible to take points off Man City to give Liverpool a chance of winning the title.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

MOT1964 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
whitedancer wrote:
Gerrard will be doing everything possible to take points off Man City to give Liverpool a chance of winning the title.
Gerrard will be doing everything possible to get as many points as he can for Villa, if he helps Liverpool along the way even better (not for me, I want City to win it).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

AS IF Gary McAllister will allow any slacking from their Villa players :D

(He says, hopefully!)
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Another Northern Soul wrote:AS IF Gary McAllister will allow any slacking from their Villa players :D

(He says, hopefully!)
And thank god Gerard isn't a toffee like Carragher etc.

I don't think I would be able to relegate my club for the sake of professionalism in a game that does not matter for the club I am playing for. Like If I was Pontus no way would I be up for the Leeds match.

I don worry that leeds are hated so badly it can work against us here though :lol:

Like I really feel like most will deep down love us getting relegated again?

Nobody really has those feelings toward Everton or Burnley? maybe Frank Lampard though
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Barlow Boy wrote:Image
Hahaha saw that yesterday and yeah it is basically me every day and night now. I actually have a churning in my stomach and its only 8.30am and Leeds aren't even playing.

Relegation battles do strange things to a fan. I chose to watch Burnley over Real Madrid in the CL. I have supported Scum, Chelski etc and largely have been let down when they lost.

We have just 4 more days or so of this left thankfully. I really feel like I aged 4-5 years this year over Leeds :D
Next season I just want a boring year in the PL please. like give me a 10th place finish where we look like a boring 10th place team all year.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Yep, I have that nervous feeling I usually only get for Leeds games.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders