Should we keep Marsch if relegated? (Poll)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is Marsch right manager for the Championship (if relegated)

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 66

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Should we keep Marsch if relegated? (Poll)

Post by Barlow Boy »

Costy wrote:While I think there are some really good, well thought out and well written posts here, for me the matter is being over complicated. Under Marcelo this season we were nowhere near as good as last season because for a large chunk of it a big clutch of very important players were missing. If they had been available, we would almost certainly be several places higher than we are now and would be safe. You can't be the best team you can be if several important players are missing, especially when you come up against the best the Premier league has to offer. It's that simple. Whether the lack of squad depth was down to Bielsa's preference or not I don't know, but Marsch wouldn't even be here but for those injuries and to be honest shouldn't be here anyway, because Marcelo should never have been sacked. I'm still horrified that the club did that and to be honest I don't think that feeling will ever go away.

Finally, in my view there is another inescapable conclusion to be drawn since Marsch took over - we now look absolutely rubbish every time we play. That doesn't bode too well for next season if he does stay.
This :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Although my lack of trust of Marsch is more to do with the timing of his appointment than anything else though will add he's not exactly won me over with what I've seen since.

But will go on record of saying whatever happens tomorrow he will get my support next season. End of the day Marcelo is now part of our history (a very good part) but the Club needs to get back on track either with climbing the Prem or getting back to the Prem.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

I'm not usually prone to knee-jerk reactions, but I think we should get rid of Marsch whether we go down or in the unlikely event we stay up.

On one hand, maybe Marsch is the wrong man at the wrong time, but it's more than that - I don't think he's right for the squad we've got or for the club in general. I'm not at all confident that we'd bounce back up with Marsch in charge as some people seem to be assuming.

So, basically I think we should cut our losses and move on. But, having said all that, I'm not entirely sure who I'd have instead.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Westminster wrote:I'm not usually prone to knee-jerk reactions, but I think we should get rid of Marsch whether we go down or in the unlikely event we stay up.

On one hand, maybe Marsch is the wrong man at the wrong time, but it's more than that - I don't think he's right for the squad we've got or for the club in general. I'm not at all confident that we'd bounce back up with Marsch in charge as some people seem to be assuming.

So, basically I think we should cut our losses and move on. But, having said all that, I'm not entirely sure who I'd have instead.
You’re right, we won’t be bouncing back up with Marsch, we will be bouncing down to League 1.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
selbydave
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by selbydave »

its a tough call, you had 18 professionals trained to play a certain style for 3 years and suddenly the new guy has 14 of them to try a different way
no matter what happens today we have to get the next recruitement right and only then will we see if marsch can walk the walk
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

selbydave wrote:its a tough call, you had 18 professionals trained to play a certain style for 3 years and suddenly the new guy has 14 of them to try a different way
no matter what happens today we have to get the next recruitement right and only then will we see if marsch can walk the walk
By which time a lot of damage may be done.

I'd move Marsch on now, he's not right for us. You can see it.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Looking at what Corberan has done at Huddersfield, I like how he's adapted from his first season, when his tactics were much more like an imitation of Bielsa's, with man marking, etc. This season, he's changed to a 3-4-3 with a playing style that's very reminiscent of Tuchel's tactics. The way he's adapted Bielsa's ideas with Tuchel's represents the exact way I wanted us to progress, with our without Bielsa. So Corberan would be my choice, if possible, whichever division we're in.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

SiMamu wrote:Looking at what Corberan has done at Huddersfield, I like how he's adapted from his first season, when his tactics were much more like an imitation of Bielsa's, with man marking, etc. This season, he's changed to a 3-4-3 with a playing style that's very reminiscent of Tuchel's tactics. The way he's adapted Bielsa's ideas with Tuchel's represents the exact way I wanted us to progress, with our without Bielsa. So Corberan would be my choice, if possible, whichever division we're in.
I'm with you on that Si. I mentioned when MB was still here that he would be my choice to takeover this summer (if MB left)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by The Squirrel »

I'm completely deflated by the whole thing. I wanted Marsch to do well, but we look awful. It feels like four years of development have been thrown aside by a board desperate to blame the manger for its own mistakes. Short-sightedness that will cost us dearly, both on the pitch and off it.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

What worries me about Marsch was reflected at a point today in the game - They only had 9 men - It was 1-1 for us and 2-1 against Burnley - Yet we were scared to take them on - 4 CB's on the pitch + Firpo - I now know it was a big if, but if Burnley had have made it 2-2 we'd have had no/little time to get a winner - I know in the end we did - But that should have been part of a pro-active attempt 10-15 mins earlier - Klich should have been on earlier and probably Shacks - But for a while we were so negative and no need for it - Hope this is not a sign of what is to come