2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Repeating how good you think Nathan Collins is a load of times isn't going to make signing him any the likelier mate ;)

It all depends on who if anyone we let go, IMHO, in defence, and also what sort of defender Marsch wants to utilise in the centre. Cresswell looks a decent 'old fashioned' type of CH to me, but other than Burnley I'm trying to think of any teams that played in the old 'pump it up to the big lad upfront' way. And Burnley's central defenders were very good in that manner of play as well.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Barlow Boy wrote:Nohan Kenneh joins Hibernian in a permanent transfer.
Watched a few U23's games when he's played and still not obvious what his best position is (CB or DM).
Big powerful lad and a real beast when playing well but prone to a few too many careless passes.

Think he will continue to develop and eventually become a decent player but not ready for Prem yet.
Not going to play first team here so makes sense, tough decisions when they reach a age where they want games.

Good Luck to him.

Wonder if we have a sell on clause.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Well Sometimes the fans getting behind a transfer can force it to happen :lol: but yeah I think I am just really worried that we haven't realised these defenders are not physically up to the league for the most part.

The reason why I actually like Collins is he is very good with the ball, very very quick but also 6ft 3 and loves defending, def/att set pieces. He is the complete package imo which is rare. Most in the Irish underage setup think he could play 4/6 easily. Wasted at Burnley. He will be starting in the prem next season at a decent club and I hope it is us.

The most important thing for me is we actually don't forget we have the worst defence in the league by a country mile and that isn't just man marking. That is just how bad these players are.
ALL of them and I worry people are a little too high on Cresswell or pretending these will magically improve next season. None of them look like they like defending. He is cover and can remain so but 2 managers have gone for the others over giving him many minutes so he is prob not quite ready for prem. He will be a very good centre half though imo but to be top half like 9th or 10th you can't have these sorts of players being relied upon when you haven't even seen them play a few games at prem level.
Polkadot

Post by Polkadot »

The Fonz wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Nohan Kenneh joins Hibernian in a permanent transfer.
Wonder if we have a sell on clause.
Doubt it. If Im remembering correct his contract is up this summer and he leaves on a free.
mshnd06
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mshnd06 »

Love the tactical talk from Polka and Selby, thank you folks!

On this side of the Atlantic there is considerable interest with Marsch and likely fan favorite Aaronson at the club. A while back, many young left-side players in the US began (or, in my case, step up their support) to support Leeds because of another fan favorite, Eddie Lewis. Of course, lower divisional status was an impediment and support over here didn't take off the way I'd hoped (there are a few of us, though). I've had to endure a lot of Man U and Chelsea peers for quite awhile. I hope we'll stay up awhile and build a base in this growing market. That said, there are tons of articles coming out linking US and MLS players to Leeds right now in the US media. I believe virtually all of them have no basis in reality and for that I'm thankful, but there is considerable hope that the lone American premier league manager will raise the profile of American football and the MLS by importing a lot of players that, to the objective observer, simply are not premier league caliber. The most recent with a lot of chatter is a young German left wing-back/full-back Kai Wagner. He is excellent here, but nowhere near what we need at Leeds (another CT fan here). I will admit that he is fast and hits beautiful crosses and set-pieces, but strikes me as overly reliant on such, and perhaps a tactical throwback. Not as useful without old-school, hulking CFs. I also have questions about his defending.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

mshnd06 wrote:Love the tactical talk from Polka and Selby, thank you folks!

On this side of the Atlantic there is considerable interest with Marsch and likely fan favorite Aaronson at the club. A while back, many young left-side players in the US began (or, in my case, step up their support) to support Leeds because of another fan favorite, Eddie Lewis. Of course, lower divisional status was an impediment and support over here didn't take off the way I'd hoped (there are a few of us, though). I've had to endure a lot of Man U and Chelsea peers for quite awhile. I hope we'll stay up awhile and build a base in this growing market. That said, there are tons of articles coming out linking US and MLS players to Leeds right now in the US media. I believe virtually all of them have no basis in reality and for that I'm thankful, but there is considerable hope that the lone American premier league manager will raise the profile of American football and the MLS by importing a lot of players that, to the objective observer, simply are not premier league caliber. The most recent with a lot of chatter is a young German left wing-back/full-back Kai Wagner. He is excellent here, but nowhere near what we need at Leeds (another CT fan here). I will admit that he is fast and hits beautiful crosses and set-pieces, but strikes me as overly reliant on such, and perhaps a tactical throwback. Not as useful without old-school, hulking CFs. I also have questions about his defending.
Announce Pulisic, Dest and Reyna @Leeds :D

Exciting time for US nat team. Producing a lot of players now. I would take all the above plus Aaronson in a flash. They would all strangely being perfect fits too.
I think Pulisic needs to get out of Chelsea soon though. My friend in TX (huge Dynamo fan) absolutely despises Chelsea because he thinks they are ruining Pulisic.
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

Agree love some of the tactical chat on here, :thumbup:

Must admit I have been one of Marsch's biggest critics but that was 100% about Marcelos sacking and the timing of the appointment.
Now is the time he or someone should have been appointed, so now is the start of his Leeds reign in my opinion.
Not sure the evidence has yet suggested he will do well but he may hopefully surprise us.
I will add there are signs that he is setting the team up better in the last couple of games than in the earlier ones.

Whoever is in charge better luck with injuries would help, I've a feeling if this season we had signed a Lionel Messi in his prime he would have caught long covid.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Team young Kai Wagner up with New England center forward, Polish international Adam Buksa.
Buksa 25 years old, has 7 Polish caps and played at every Polish youth team since U17's. We might see him at the World cup this year.
Style of play,.... think Peter Crouch.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Saxon wrote:

Team young Kai Wagner up with New England center forward, Polish international Adam Buksa.
Buksa 25 years old, has 7 Polish caps and played at every Polish youth team since U17's. We might see him at the World cup this year.
Style of play,.... think Peter Crouch.
Think we will get linked with every American or American based player given the 69ers link and JM been our Manager.
That is not saying some aren't true but a lot will turn out lazy journalism.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Selby White wrote:
Think we will get linked with every American or American based player given the 69ers link and JM been our Manager.
That is not saying some aren't true but a lot will turn out lazy journalism.
:shock:
:oops:
:lol: