2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by corkleedsmot »

Yeah the Forbes articles are nonsense. I actually think Raph is favourite to stay based on Barca's finances.
I don's see Chelsea coming back in now or Liverpool/Bayern.
If Orta accepts say 30-40 plus some defender they want to offload, I will have a heart attack. Imagine he overpays that much for our transfers and accepts being lowballed by Barca or City? I am actually afraid he is that stupid :lol: :D

We should act like Moyes and say 100-150 for kalvin and do the same for Rapha after the world cup. No small clauses in their contracts either.
The last Waltz
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by The last Waltz »

corkleedsmot wrote:Yeah the Forbes articles are nonsense. I actually think Raph is favourite to stay based on Barca's finances.
If Orta accepts say 30-40 plus some defender they want to offload, I will have a heart attack. Imagine he overpays that much for our transfers and accepts being lowballed by Barca or City? I am actually afraid he is that stupid :lol: :D

We should act like Moyes and say 100-150 for kalvin and do the same for Rapha after the world cup. No small clauses in their contracts either.

Sadly I think Raphs transfer to Barca is nailed on. Personally I’d be looking @ £75m plus however, unless Newcastle offer him mega money we will have to compromise to get a deal done with Barca, or face the prospect of retaining a disenfranchised player who wants out who will end up sulking to get his way. I suspect a fee just below what they paid for Torres will be agreed upon…. Too little in my view.

As regards Kalvin, we need to hold on to him. If he wants out it’s 80m to city £100m to scum. Reference the Moyes stance - There’s always a danger coming out and naming a fee of say £100m. First thing I would do as his agent is demand £350,000 per week as that’s what £100m players are paid. :crazy:
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

The last Waltz wrote:

As regards Kalvin, we need to hold on to him. If he wants out it’s 80m to city £100m to scum. Reference the Moyes stance - There’s always a danger coming out and naming a fee of say £100m. First thing I would do as his agent is demand £350,000 per week as that’s what £100m players are paid. :crazy:

I think Leeds should ask for £200m BUT they have to take James back as well,No James=No sale. :lol:
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

The last Waltz wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Yeah the Forbes articles are nonsense. I actually think Raph is favourite to stay based on Barca's finances.

Sadly I think Raphs transfer to Barca is nailed on. Personally I’d be looking @ £75m plus however, unless Newcastle offer him mega money we will have to compromise to get a deal done with Barca, or face the prospect of retaining a disenfranchised player who wants out who will end up sulking to get his way. I suspect a fee just below what they paid for Torres will be agreed upon…. Too little in my view.

I would take £80 for Kalvin and £80 for Raph. Barca are totally low balling us and trying to run us over.. I would love to tell them where to shove it. They actively destabalised us during a relegation battle and now are low balling us. Total arrogance the way they do business. A club that organised articles online with bots on social media AGAINST Messi.
Deco should be told where to go aswell. I don't want to stand in any players way leaving but they need to understand we need proper paying too. That should be said to Raph aswell to prevent sulking. He didn't get his first Brazil cap playing for Barca.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

First of all we are in a way better position than if Weghorn had scored and Harrison had missed. Which doesn’t bear thinking about.

I think we need to be realistic and accept that if the right offers come in for the likes of Raphina, Phillips or Meslier they will likely want to move and the club will be forced to reluctantly accept. Last season has shown that we need to strengthen the squad.

So my preferences are
Replacement goalkeeper I would even consider Caprile coming back off loan.
Full back. Sell Firpo. Decide on whether Drameh is staying or sell him on.
Centre back I think we are okay. If someone comes in then we need to sell one of the existing 4/5 CB
Midfield Replace Raphina or Phillips and a future replacement for Klitch. Summerville stays or goes on loan.

Forward Greenwood needs to go on loan. Same with Gelhardt unless he is going to get game time.Roberts is sold or goes out on loan.

Finally we need leaders to replace the likes of Ayling Dallas etc.
bc grinner
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by bc grinner »

corkleedsmot wrote:
The last Waltz wrote:

I would take £80 for Kalvin and £80 for Raph. Barca are totally low balling us and trying to run us over.. I would love to tell them where to shove it. They actively destabalised us during a relegation battle and now are low balling us. Total arrogance the way they do business. A club that organised articles online with bots on social media AGAINST Messi.
Deco should be told where to go aswell. I don't want to stand in any players way leaving but they need to understand we need proper paying too. That should be said to Raph aswell to prevent sulking. He didn't get his first Brazil cap playing for Barca.
I have to confess that I had dark thoughts about Raphinha tanking the end of the season. If Leeds gets relegated then he's off to Barca. However, seeing him in the stands after the Brentford win, I almost felt like I owed him an apology. If Barcelona doesn't make a fair offer, I think he'll be okay.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Both Raphinha and Kalvin has contracts that runs out in the summer of 2024, right?
Which means if the don’t go this summer we really need to get them on new contracts (with massive salary increase I expect) unless we are fine with selling them cheap next summer.

If we ends up with deling them both this summer I dont think we will more than 60-70 for Raphinha and 50-60 for Phillips. Massive money tho, taken into considerstion Raphinha costed us like 15 and Kalvin is from the academy. Of we are to take step by step closer to the top without silly money from super rich owners this is (unfortunately?) the way to go.
Find cheap players or academy players, let them take it to the next level and then cash in. Same procedure on repeat. Like Leicester have done so brilliantly (let’s just hope Joffy can be our Vardy the next 10 years).
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

Metro1962 wrote:
The last Waltz wrote:

I think Leeds should ask for £200m BUT they have to take James back as well,No James=No sale. :lol:
Really sickens me to see so called Leeds fans slagging our players. James works his socks off more than most it's not his fault he's ask to play away from his position.

Rember Norman Hunter saying if players give it 100% Leeds fans will get behind them.

Not true with some obviously.
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

corkleedsmot wrote: I would take £80 for Kalvin and £80 for Raph.
That is cheap, do we get a few green shield stamps as well :lol:
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Polkadot wrote:Both Raphinha and Kalvin has contracts that runs out in the summer of 2024, right?
Which means if the don’t go this summer we really need to get them on new contracts (with massive salary increase I expect) unless we are fine with selling them cheap next summer.

If we ends up with deling them both this summer I dont think we will more than 60-70 for Raphinha and 50-60 for Phillips. Massive money tho, taken into considerstion Raphinha costed us like 15 and Kalvin is from the academy. Of we are to take step by step closer to the top without silly money from super rich owners this is (unfortunately?) the way to go.
Find cheap players or academy players, let them take it to the next level and then cash in. Same procedure on repeat. Like Leicester have done so brilliantly (let’s just hope Joffy can be our Vardy the next 10 years).
I can't imagine taking 50-60 for Kalvin and being happy. You can't go and replace him easily for 50 and have any advantage selling. We just spent 30 on Aaronson and he has never played higher than Austrian league. I know he played CL but so have BATE Borisov players. You have to send a message like Leicester too. You get our best players it will be painful and maybe 60 is a "fair" price but there is a tax involved for him being a club hero. He is Englands dm aswell so there is a tax. It is a world cup year so there is a tax. Our fans will be angry for selling so there is a tax. City seem to be willing to pay at least a hundred for other England internationals. Kalvin just played a major international tournament final where he got player of the season afterwards (where Leeds fans def didn't rig the voting) again... 10% tax for that. 80 mill please and not a penny less and no swapsies :D

I do absolutely agree on the model of selling to improve though. and we can add 2 or 3 very high quality players for each Kavin and Raph we sell. sell 2 or 3 and you have a team of very high standard players. that is the fastest way to shed championship skin. Lots of our players are that.

As much as I like Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Klich etc they need to become at best squad players next season and be gone the season after. They should get a massive send off though. If we want to push for Europe it wont happen with them in the team. I think the sooner Cooper is not captain the better too. Prob get stick for that but no matter how much I like players I am still honest about their ability. He is a very solid championship centre half.