2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I am struggling to understand the apparent silence from the club so far as the left back position is concerned. Junior Firpo is the only recognised left back and he can't defend for toffee. It's affecting how Jack Harrison plays in front of him.
There's Heldje perhaps who could do a job there and no telling if Stuart Dallas will be available again this year :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Barcelona president Joan Laporta says the club have spoken to Leeds United about signing Brazil winger Raphinha and that the 25-year-old wants to join them, despite Chelsea agreeing a deal worth £55m plus add-ons. Mail on Sunday.
News is that they agreed on 60m and that will be in 3 installments.
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

PhoenixUnited wrote:I am struggling to understand the apparent silence from the club so far as the left back position is concerned. Junior Firpo is the only recognised left back and he can't defend for toffee. It's affecting how Jack Harrison plays in front of him.
There's Heldje perhaps who could do a job there and no telling if Stuart Dallas will be available again this year :roll:
I believe (hope I am correct) that Firpo is much better that what we've seen. Don't know why, but i believe in this lad. Don't hang me for this thought pelase!

Bad news is that Stuart will not be availabe before 2023 :(
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Lots of reports on Adams and lots of reports on Camara today.
https://www.krone.at/2750606
Krone saying 35 million Euro deal about to be done for Camara. Salzburger Nachrichten too.
Mitchell getting stick from Leeds fans online amid reports we are closing on Adams. But he doubles down and Says Camara is already in the UK. He reported lots of deals and was way ahead on our Kristensen deal.

Phil Hay reporting on Plettenberg reports says it is picking up on Adams. The same guy who broke the Roca story is reporting it too.
Maybe we are getting both but it is a worry slight ATM. At least Adams value seems reasonable at 15 mill but I honestly prefer a loan with an option on him. Having a season to see how he does and his body holds up and save the money for other transfers (If other transfers depend heavily on this)
I am inclined to believe both are true here. I think other deals might be confusing matters though.

We would be basically be spending near exactly the amount we recieve from Kalvin on these 2 by the way if my math is right.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

corkleedsmot wrote:Lots of reports on Adams and lots of reports on Camara today.
Krone saying 35 million Euro deal about to be done for Camara. Salzburger Nachrichten too.
Mitchell getting stick from Leeds fans online amid reports we are closing on Adams. But he doubles down and Says Camara is already in the UK. He reported lots of deals and was way ahead on our Kristensen deal.

Phil Hay reporting on Plettenberg reports says it is picking up on Adams. The same guy who broke the Roca story is reporting it too.
Maybe we are getting both but it is a worry slight ATM. At least Adams value seems reasonable at 15 mill but I honestly prefer a loan with an option on him. Having a season to see how he does and his body holds up and save the money for other transfers (If other transfers depend heavily on this)
I am inclined to believe both are true here. I think other deals might be confusing matters though.

We would be basically be spending near exactly the amount we recieve from Kalvin on these 2 by the way if my math is right.
Didn't you tell us Friday that the Camara deal was going to be confirmed at 6pm that day?
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

The Fonz wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Lots of reports on Adams and lots of reports on Camara today.

Didn't you tell us Friday that the Camara deal was going to be confirmed at 6pm that day?
His decision on club would be confirmed at 6pm. Leeds vs Brighton. It is clear he wants Leeds and the confirmation of that was at 6pm and it came. All the noises on Camara are to the same effect now and 3 of the biggest newspapers in Austria have confirmed it and said the breakthrough came this weekend. I have considered that deal as 95% done since then tbh. I just worry with the Raphinha saga is all. That has swing around quite a bit since Friday.
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

corkleedsmot wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

His decision on club would be confirmed at 6pm. Leeds vs Brighton. It is clear he wants Leeds and the confirmation of that was at 6pm and it came. All the noises on Camara are to the same effect now and 3 of the biggest newspapers in Austria have confirmed it and said the breakthrough came this weekend. I have considered that deal as 95% done since then tbh. I just worry with the Raphinha saga is all. That has swing around quite a bit since Friday.
You say Leeds clearly want Camara and I don't doubt but if that is the case surely we've placed a bid (if not how could he choose us) .
Given that why would it dependant on the Raph sale?
He wants to come so surely its now down to RB accepting our bid.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Reports are that is done too mate. 30+5 after very tough negotiations.The fact that Hay reported Leeds knew the deal was on the pricier side suggest they were talking for a while. 3-4 places now reporting the signing is imminent .

He was given leave so I presume Salzburg were satisfied the deal was close and gave permission for talks.Seems like Brighton and Leeds were both in the same position til Friday. Not one single report since then he is moving to Brighton.

I worried that Leeds thought Raph deal was close too and their price was met and Leeds have all the funds earmarked so maybe there was many moving parts and until Barca and Deco started messing about even more that was the way it was heading. I never think something is 100% until we don't get Dan James'd. Who knows what way finances really are. This going through might mean we end up with Hamed Traore over CDK or Gakpo now. Hard to know.
The Fonz

Post by The Fonz »

corkleedsmot wrote:Reports are that is done too mate. 30+5 after very tough negotiations.The fact that Hay reported Leeds knew the deal was on the pricier side suggest they were talking for a while. 3-4 places now reporting the signing is imminent .

He was given leave so I presume Salzburg were satisfied the deal was close and gave permission for talks.Seems like Brighton and Leeds were both in the same position til Friday. Not one single report since then he is moving to Brighton.

I worried that Leeds thought Raph deal was close too and their price was met and Leeds have all the funds earmarked so maybe there was many moving parts and until Barca and Deco started messing about even more that was the way it was heading. I never think something is 100% until we don't get Dan James'd. Who knows what way finances really are. This going through might mean we end up with Hamed Traore over CDK or Gakpo now. Hard to know.
That is fair enough and it does look like the deal is at the medical stage if everything reported is true.
Think the CDK transfer will be toughest to get over the line.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »