2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Polkadot »

corkleedsmot wrote:https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0592503809
Milan have bid for CDK. Didn't act fast enough and prob missed any chance we had here. Milan opening bid is 20mill euros rejected.
It’s typical fans to blame the clubs for “not acting fast enough” when transfers don’t happen, and that is a wrong way of looking at things, especially in this specific situation. De Ketelaere have known for weeks that there are clubs with a higher standing than us that wants him (Milan) and there is no reason to believe he would rush through a transfer if we had just “acted faster”.
It’s the same with some Arsenal fans blaming their club for “missing out on Raphinha because they didn’t do things quick enough”, it’s just a wrong take on the reality. The player will always stall if he knows more attractive options are close.
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

corkleedsmot wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0592503809
Milan have bid for CDK. Didn't act fast enough and prob missed any chance we had here. Milan opening bid is 20mill euros rejected.
He was a pipe dream anyway, too high a profile, we were always going to have to fight off a champions league club to land him and that is a very tall order. We'd win a bidding war with Milan, so I am sure we can get the go ahead from Club Brugge but then it's down to what CDK wants and the lure of Champions League football seems to be very powerful. Got to hope his girlfriend hates Italy or something!
I never expected it either. If we go cheap on a forward and we spend 110 or there abouts I will just take it that we are slowly watching Radz exit strategy. He has earned it. Fair play but as a fan it is frustrating to watch
Same here. Never thought neither expected we will be able to bring CDK to our books. Not only from financial aspetcs, but even CDK himself never even hinted he wants to move to ER - rather oposite, all his responses lead us to believe LUFC is not on his mind. His targets were always CL clubs.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So we await what the future holds for

Ian Poveda - Not sure he will be a decent player in the Premiership but a good player in the Championship. Think he did alright at Blackburn Rovers last season before picking up that awful injury. At 22 I’d like to think if he was good enough we would know by now.

Tyler Roberts - I’m not a fan of the stick he gets, clearly Marcelo saw something in him & for me that’s fair enough. I feel he needs his confidence rekindling & who knows but I think he needs a change of club to do that.

Helder Costa - Flashes of seeing a good player not too sure how his loan spell went last season at Valencia but they don’t appear to be knocking on Victors door with an offer.

Leif Davis - Championship player at best

Cody Drameh - Got rave reviews at Cardiff last season but I think there’s a attitude problem with him. Not sure if Jesse can get anything out of him,

Jamie Shackleton - Had opportunities & looked steady but never set the world alight. Think a move would do him good.

KiKo Casilla - We the fans lost faith in him after the racist slurs. Wouldn’t have thought he’s even in Leeds think we will have to buy his contract out.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So we await what the future holds for

Ian Poveda - Not sure he will be a decent player in the Premiership but a good player in the Championship. Think he did alright at Blackburn Rovers last season before picking up that awful injury. At 22 I’d like to think if he was good enough we would know by now.

Tyler Roberts - I’m not a fan of the stick he gets, clearly Marcelo saw something in him & for me that’s fair enough. I feel he needs his confidence rekindling & who knows but I think he needs a change of club to do that.

Helder Costa - Flashes of seeing a good player not too sure how his loan spell went last season at Valencia but they don’t appear to be knocking on Victors door with an offer.

Cody Drameh - Got rave reviews at Cardiff last season but I think there’s a attitude problem with him. Not sure if Jesse can get anything out of him,

Jamie Shackleton - Had opportunities & looked steady but never set the world alight. Think a move would do him good.

KiKo Casilla - We the fans lost faith in him after the racist slurs. Wouldn’t have thought he’s even in Leeds think we will have to buy his contract out.
Agree with all of this if we are wanting to look up :thumbup:

Was thinking the other day had the worst happened at Brentford a few of these players would be in our team this coming season.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So we await what the future holds for

Some of them I wouldn't write off just yet. As long as we do not buy another LB, Davis should be given the opportunity to prove himself during the pre-season. He is still just 22, and he was a bit unlucky at Bournemouth having an academy kid playing very well ahead of him.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

How about adding Somerville, Klaesson and Greenwood will they break through into the first team as regulars or like Cresswell would they benefit with a loan move ?

Agree with the above and also agree that Cody comes across as having attitude which channelled correctly could be a benefit to the club. He’s the one I’m watching the most.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Chris Waugh the Newcastle United writer for the Athletic saying the Geordies want Jack Harrison.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Chris Waugh the Newcastle United writer for the Athletic saying the Geordies want Jack Harrison.
Around 10/1 if you fancy a flutter.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

Tyler Adams flying to England later today. Ready to undergo a medical and complete his move from RB Leipzig to Leeds United. Set to become signing number four
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

First time I've seen this but there is a story linking us to Japanese international Daichi Kamada who plays for Frankfurt. Apparently into the last year of his deal so could be had for around £10million.

He played in the Europa League including final last year which Frankfurt won.