2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by NottinghamWhite »

https://twitter.com/skorerrcom/status/1 ... 6wgU4MDRAg

According to this we are close to signing Luis Sinisterra' from Feynoord.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

Tyler Adams flying to England later today. Ready to undergo a medical and complete his move from RB Leipzig to Leeds United. Set to become signing number four
Number Five Aaronson, Kristensen, Roca & Gyabi
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
VALLEY BOY
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by VALLEY BOY »

Thats all we need now is a CENTRE FORWARD .
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

VALLEY BOY wrote:Thats all we need now is a CENTRE FORWARD .
Left Back? :think:
Keep The Faith / WAL
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Despite some downheartedness over the sale of our boy KP and not as yet looking like getting our firdt choice replacement (Camara), this has been a pretty decent window.

If we wrap up Sinisterra and one more forward I'd call thag a success even when Rapha does leave too.

Pre season our problem area was midfield, they have addressed that despite the loss of KP by buying 2 defensive types that should be first team ready in Roca and Adams and a more attacking player in Aaronsen, down 1 up 3, thats good. Then a young prospect for midfield in Gyabi. A new full back for the ageing Ayling and then possibly a winger to replace Rapha.

Good work
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Polkadot wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0592503809
Milan have bid for CDK. Didn't act fast enough and prob missed any chance we had here. Milan opening bid is 20mill euros rejected.
It’s typical fans to blame the clubs for “not acting fast enough” when transfers don’t happen, and that is a wrong way of looking at things, especially in this specific situation. De Ketelaere have known for weeks that there are clubs with a higher standing than us that wants him (Milan) and there is no reason to believe he would rush through a transfer if we had just “acted faster”.
It’s the same with some Arsenal fans blaming their club for “missing out on Raphinha because they didn’t do things quick enough”, it’s just a wrong take on the reality. The player will always stall if he knows more attractive options are close.
The only way we get this player is by acting quickly is my take and I am sticking with it. I am not saying we 100% get him I am saying it was our only chance and the fact we haven't acted quickly here means we prob were never going to even try. You don't ever allow Milan to come in at 20 million here as an opening bid if you want a player. There is actually logic behind acting quickly if you are in a weaker position here beyond trying to rush the player. Comparing me to weeping,moaning Arsenal fans is unnecessary. I think the board are being cynical not stupid.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

I am now seeing reports that Raphinha would rather stay than go to Chelsea or arsenal, Barca or stay for him. This could be great. If barca cant buy and he stays then we have a good start to the season he may sign a new deal meaning we still have the power to keep his price high either in Jan or next summer.

I'm dreaming again
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Polkadot wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0592503809
Milan have bid for CDK. Didn't act fast enough and prob missed any chance we had here. Milan opening bid is 20mill euros rejected.
It’s typical fans to blame the clubs for “not acting fast enough” when transfers don’t happen, and that is a wrong way of looking at things, especially in this specific situation. De Ketelaere have known for weeks that there are clubs with a higher standing than us that wants him (Milan) and there is no reason to believe he would rush through a transfer if we had just “acted faster”.
It’s the same with some Arsenal fans blaming their club for “missing out on Raphinha because they didn’t do things quick enough”, it’s just a wrong take on the reality. The player will always stall if he knows more attractive options are close.
The only way we get this player is by acting quickly is my take and I am sticking with it. I am not saying we 100% get him I am saying it was our only chance and the fact we haven't acted quickly here means we prob were never going to even try. You don't ever allow Milan to come in at 20 million here as an opening bid if you want a player. There is actually logic behind acting quickly if you are in a weaker position here beyond trying to rush the player. Comparing me to weeping,moaning Arsenal fans is unnecessary. I think the board are being cynical not stupid.
Not going to get deeply into the debate about transfer strategy, there's probably pros and cons to both getting in early or holding your powder dry and watching the market, I would expect the club tailor the strategy on a case-by-case basis depending on what they know about player, agent, club and executives on the selling side.

However, I did want to say, for players like CDK "getting in early" actually means that we should have bid last year, we were in a MUCH stronger position all around last year. It wouldn't have been a stretch to sell the club on improving on 9th to get into Europe with Marcelo in charge and "Europe within 12 months" would be an easier sell than "we are going to try really hard to stay out of the relegation battle next year". So it's with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight of course but investing after the 9th place finish in our first season back was the time to strike, we fluffed the timing on squad refresh and are a transfer window too late.

I have 'some' sympathy for Directors of Football/Heads of Recruitment, we fans expect them to deliver world beaters, who always perform instantly, with no failures, at the best price possible and to beat champions league clubs to their signatures - I have less sympathy for ours of course! :lol:
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Some are saying it's been a decent window so far, I'm not in that camp - atm. A number 8 should be a huge priority but it seems we're over-looking that now to play the double pivot. Big mistake imo but time still to sort this out.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

DominanceUK wrote:Some are saying it's been a decent window so far, I'm not in that camp - atm. A number 8 should be a huge priority but it seems we're over-looking that now to play the double pivot. Big mistake imo but time still to sort this out.
Gyabi is supposed to be the "ideal number 8" :D
Also the way Greenwood played against Brentford in the last game of the season he seems to be competent in a more number 8 role. Even Aaronson can play deeper if needed.