2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mintyshoe
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by mintyshoe »

A couple of points for debate I’ve been thinking about recently:

There seems to be a consensus of Adams OR Camara, but in my opinion we could do with both. This is primarily because:
1) We were short at DM last season with KP (look at what happened to us when he was injured, and Adams has had a poor recent record too)
2) It’s a tough ask for one player to be THE Kalvin replacement - world/class club legend that he is.
If we can’t afford two, then fair enough. I’d rather be short there again than put the club in financial jeopardy. If that’s the case, my preference would be to sell one of James/Rodrigo as I believe another DM would be much more important to the overall success of the team. We have young talent coming through that can replace those two.

Second - There’s a lot of discussion around new players settling. This may not be such an issue given 3 of them have played under Marsch already. Given now is the time he’s implementing his style, it may be that the old guard take longer to adapt than the new faces. This may be a hidden benefit of the incomings so far.

All just my opinion, would be interested to hear yours.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Tyler Roberts apparently is having a medical at the moment at QPR in a deal worth £4:5m.
That would be good for all parties, we get back what we paid for him, he gets a fresh start which is needed, QPR get a young player who has shown think in flashes (brief flashes) so he may flourish there. And lastly I don't have to watch us bring him on when in need of a goal.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

mintyshoe wrote:A couple of points for debate I’ve been thinking about recently:

There seems to be a consensus of Adams OR Camara, but in my opinion we could do with both. This is primarily because:
1) We were short at DM last season with KP (look at what happened to us when he was injured, and Adams has had a poor recent record too)
2) It’s a tough ask for one player to be THE Kalvin replacement - world/class club legend that he is.
If we can’t afford two, then fair enough. I’d rather be short there again than put the club in financial jeopardy. If that’s the case, my preference would be to sell one of James/Rodrigo as I believe another DM would be much more important to the overall success of the team. We have young talent coming through that can replace those two.

Second - There’s a lot of discussion around new players settling. This may not be such an issue given 3 of them have played under Marsch already. Given now is the time he’s implementing his style, it may be that the old guard take longer to adapt than the new faces. This may be a hidden benefit of the incomings so far.

All just my opinion, would be interested to hear yours.
I tend to agree. I would say however we have now bought 2 DMs, Roca and Adams so can't see Camara coming too now if I'm honest.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Tyler Roberts apparently is having a medical at the moment at QPR in a deal worth £4:5m.
I’d be very happy with that amount if I’m honest. Good luck to him I’ve never knocked a Leeds player and never will.
I have to admit that on the forum I have knocked him a few times - Never at the match - But I dare say my comments were based on frustration - I wish him all the best and feel a move will be good for both parties - He will wish to make a push for a WC place, so hope it works out well for him in the future - To be fair he has never let us down and played with heart - But sadly he has never really been at the level we need - Agree 4.5M is a good fee as far as we are concerned - So assuming the deal goes through, then thanks TR for wearing the shirt
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

8-) https://youtu.be/safkv0aVg1A
I hate when they make a welcome video before they even sign, BUT... have a quick look. Two footed, skillful, pacey

Sinisterra goals, assits and skills video
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

corkleedsmot wrote:Also... https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 9946605573
Sinisterra Done!

Now we just need to kidnap CDK's girlfriend and enroll her in a dental school in Yorkshire
:clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

HalifaxWhite wrote:8-) https://youtu.be/safkv0aVg1A
I hate when they make a welcome video before they even sign, BUT... have a quick look. Two footed, skillful, pacey

He makes scoring goals look easy! Certainly looks a good player. If Raph ends up staying a while longer, imagine these 2 playing together - it would be fantastic. (I don’t know if they both play the same position?)
VALLEY BOY
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by VALLEY BOY »

Please can we sign a centre forward......
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

HalifaxWhite wrote:8-) https://youtu.be/safkv0aVg1A

I know they can dress these videos up to suit their agenda, but he looks a real talent to be fair.

Thanks for posting :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

I saw this video yesterday and I agree he looks really talented. I’m not sure why the big 6 haven’t looked at him. I just hope they’ve done their numbers, if Raph doesn’t go. This guy looks like a winger to me. So we might have Harrison, James, Somerville, Raph and the new guy. And no CF. I think if Raph decides to stay, Jack might have to go if Raph stays. We also need a LB.