2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Tedbaker wrote:I saw this video yesterday and I agree he looks really talented. I’m not sure why the big 6 haven’t looked at him. I just hope they’ve done their numbers, if Raph doesn’t go. This guy looks like a winger to me. So we might have Harrison, James, Somerville, Raph and the new guy. And no CF. I think if Raph decides to stay, Jack might have to go if Raph stays. We also need a LB.
There seems to be a blind spot regarding Centre Forward and Left Back. Maybe those that decide think there is enough strength / back up in these positions or they want to wing it as per last season ? :think: :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Tedbaker wrote:I saw this video yesterday and I agree he looks really talented. I’m not sure why the big 6 haven’t looked at him. I just hope they’ve done their numbers, if Raph doesn’t go. This guy looks like a winger to me. So we might have Harrison, James, Somerville, Raph and the new guy. And no CF. I think if Raph decides to stay, Jack might have to go if Raph stays. We also need a LB.
There seems to be a blind spot regarding Centre Forward and Left Back. Maybe those that decide think there is enough strength / back up in these positions or they want to wing it as per last season ? :think: :roll:
No way should we get rid of Jack imho opinion he's the team player and most consistent of our wingers.
Sometimes bread & butter is more important than the dessert.
Jack was also our top scorer from Open play last season.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Selby White wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
No way should we get rid of Jack imho opinion he's the team player and most consistent of our wingers.
Agreed. Harrison's sale would not make any sense, especially Raphina will be off next season the latest.
For some reason people think dismantling Bielsa's team as quick as possible is the only way forward.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

superfox wrote:
Selby White wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
Agreed. Harrison's sale would not make any sense, especially Raphina will be off next season the latest.
For some reason people think dismantling Bielsa's team as quick as possible is the only way forward.
Total agreement here too, Harrison is key, great player, skillful and two footed with a great engine and work ethic. As well as being English to part of the required quota, he should be going nowhere, and to answer another point I think we may see him deployed as a wing back at times.

On another note Adams is announced by the club now
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

I wasn’t suggesting Jack should go, but if Raph doesn’t go I just hope they’ve balanced the books. I read somewhere that KP was sold to pay for previous spending prior to the current glut. I think Jack is underrated and with KP was one of my favourite players last season. I’m just unnerved by the fact we seem to be in for some interesting talent and can outbid AC Milan. And this is a big bet on a relatively unknown manager and his system. Just worries me, that’s all.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

What position does Adams play ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:What position does Adams play ?
Defensive Midfielder
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Although we've not signed a striker yet, it may be the case that they've decided we don't necessarily need a lot more depth there. With Aaronson, Adams and Roca coming in, it frees up Rodrigo as a back up to Paddy up front, and we've got Joffy there as well. They're maybe just decided that's enough for now.

I'm just over the moon we finally have some more options at centre midfield. If I'm honest, I don't really know anything about the guys we've brought in, but they're central midfielders, and that's where the gap has been for some time in my eyes, so I'm happy for now.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

So, forgive my lack of knowledge on the new players, and I’m including some of those potentially to be signed and putting some players ahead of others (e.g Kristenson/Ayling) but would we be looking at something like this....

Meslier
Kristenson, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo,
Roca,Adams,
Raphinha, Aaronsson,Sinisterra,
CDK
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Tedbaker wrote:I wasn’t suggesting Jack should go, but if Raph doesn’t go I just hope they’ve balanced the books. I read somewhere that KP was sold to pay for previous spending prior to the current glut. I think Jack is underrated and with KP was one of my favourite players last season. I’m just unnerved by the fact we seem to be in for some interesting talent and can outbid AC Milan. And this is a big bet on a relatively unknown manager and his system. Just worries me, that’s all.
Well we were waaaay under FFP so that's not an issue. I heard we made profit last year too and spent nothing in January. So far we've spent about 75mil, sold Kal for 40 so that's net 35mil, if we buy Sinisterra for 25 that puts us at 60mil net spend. 60mil net spend is nothing in this market we make more than that just being in the league.

I think the forward will be the one dependant on the Raphinha sale, CDK for about 35mil minimum, sell rapha for 60mil and we've got 0 net spend to go get him.