2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:So, forgive my lack of knowledge on the new players, and I’m including some of those potentially to be signed and putting some players ahead of others (e.g Kristenson/Ayling) but would we be looking at something like this....

Meslier
Kristenson, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo,
Roca,Adams,
Raphinha, Aaronsson,Sinisterra,
CDK

Where’s Paddy ?
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:So, forgive my lack of knowledge on the new players, and I’m including some of those potentially to be signed and putting some players ahead of others (e.g Kristenson/Ayling) but would we be looking at something like this....

Meslier
Roca,Adams,
CDK

Where’s Paddy ?
Probably in the physio room, but hopefully not
brayster1972
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by brayster1972 »

Hi everyone, new on here.

Finally some signings to be positive about. Adams and Aronsen look promising. A new striker would be nice but we do have Joffy, Bamford and Rodrigo. Depends upon how Marsch will play it.

Sad to see Kalvin go but I suspect he wouldn’t fit in so well with the way we will play and he can’t say no to the opportunity at City. He’s made his place on history.

Th hope now is there is plenty of structure in the prep season after a long journey to Australia. There are some winnable games and the new players need to hit the ground running. I guess already having played for Marsch will help. Let’s hope we don’t have to rely on three teams being worse than us in the coming season …
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

ChilwellWhite wrote:

Meslier
Roca,Adams,
CDK

Where’s Paddy ?
He is English, just like Forshaw and Harrison.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Tedbaker wrote:I wasn’t suggesting Jack should go, but if Raph doesn’t go I just hope they’ve balanced the books. I read somewhere that KP was sold to pay for previous spending prior to the current glut. I think Jack is underrated and with KP was one of my favourite players last season. I’m just unnerved by the fact we seem to be in for some interesting talent and can outbid AC Milan. And this is a big bet on a relatively unknown manager and his system. Just worries me, that’s all.
Well we were waaaay under FFP so that's not an issue. I heard we made profit last year too and spent nothing in January. So far we've spent about 75mil, sold Kal for 40 so that's net 35mil, if we buy Sinisterra for 25 that puts us at 60mil net spend. 60mil net spend is nothing in this market we make more than that just being in the league.

I think the forward will be the one dependant on the Raphinha sale, CDK for about 35mil minimum, sell rapha for 60mil and we've got 0 net spend to go get him.
If we sell Raph. I agree about FFP. Depends what facilities the business has regarding affordability.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

superfox wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:

Meslier
Roca,Adams,
CDK

Where’s Paddy ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Meslier
Roca,Adams,
CDK
Play 6 players new to the Prem from the off would be a big gamble imho.
For a start when we beat Wolves (who are first up) towards end of the season our 3 best performers were Harrison, Ayling & Rodrigo (voting on here) .
Last game at Brentford following Raph it was Harrison & Greenwood (also Phillips but not a option) .

Personally everyone fit we should use some of them and filter the rest to allow to settle.
It's down to the coaches to judge but some will hit the ground running but others may take time.

We need a good start the fixtures are made for it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

brayster1972 wrote:Hi everyone, new on here.

Finally some signings to be positive about. Adams and Aronsen look promising. A new striker would be nice but we do have Joffy, Bamford and Rodrigo. Depends upon how Marsch will play it.

Sad to see Kalvin go but I suspect he wouldn’t fit in so well with the way we will play and he can’t say no to the opportunity at City. He’s made his place on history.

Th hope now is there is plenty of structure in the prep season after a long journey to Australia. There are some winnable games and the new players need to hit the ground running. I guess already having played for Marsch will help. Let’s hope we don’t have to rely on three teams being worse than us in the coming season …

Welcome to the forum, enjoy :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Barlow Boy wrote:
superfox wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:

Meslier
Roca,Adams,
CDK

Where’s Paddy ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sarcasm aside, this is certainly not how the starting line-up will be. Or if it does, Marsch is very much mistaken.
Who seriously thinks Raphinha will stay?
And why would there be an automatic start for 6 men who have never played in the Premier League, and most of them have played in mid-table leagues so far?
Why should we throw out Bamford, Harrison and our entire earlier squad because of some promising players who have never seriously proven themselves? This starting line up would be a clear recipe for disaster, not to mention our shaky looking defence.
CDK is no centre forward anyway, not to mention that Marsch's basic game is based on two strikers.

So, in short, I think this should be rather a thought experiment and not a real starting XI.
Last edited by superfox on 06 Jul 2022, 18:07, edited 2 times in total.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

Selby White wrote:

Meslier
Roca,Adams,
CDK
Play 6 players new to the Prem from the off would be a big gamble imho.
For a start when we beat Wolves (who are first up) towards end of the season our 3 best performers were Harrison, Ayling & Rodrigo (voting on here) .
Last game at Brentford following Raph it was Harrison & Greenwood (also Phillips but not a option) .

Personally everyone fit we should use some of them and filter the rest to allow to settle.
It's down to the coaches to judge but some will hit the ground running but others may take time.

We need a good start the fixtures are made for it.
I don’t think CDK will happen, but if you consider everyone not on this team list, we have potentially a much stronger and deeper squad.