2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by HalifaxWhite »

guitarmark wrote:Maybe we need to see what happens with Raph - But based on new signings so far, how do you see the starting line up v Wolves - based on a 4-2-2-2 formation - Then how does Dallas, Ayling and Forshaw fit into this as/when available - I see all 3 as squad players, rather than than starters
Dallas and Ayling are both over 30 now and after some injuries will be on the decline so i think squad player is fair.

Forshaw can't be relied on to make it through a season without a major injury. So again squad player yes
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Barlow Boy wrote:So, forgive my lack of knowledge on the new players, and I’m including some of those potentially to be signed and putting some players ahead of others (e.g Kristenson/Ayling) but would we be looking at something like this....

Meslier
Kristenson, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo,
Roca,Adams,
Raphinha, Aaronsson,Sinisterra,
CDK
Fun thought experiment and assuming we land Sinisterra and CDK then at some point next season we might see that eleven on the pitch together. I do agree with some posters that we probably shouldn't start the first game of the season with six newbies on the pitch, but we will almost certainly see 2-3.

Kristenson must be most likely to start due to Aylings injury, probably either Roca or Adams next most likely depending on fitness/form of Forshaw and Klich.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start the season with Harrison and James on the wing and definitely with Pat up top, depending on how quickly the other lads settle in.

If we sign CDK he'll be the deeper of two strikers if we play with two up top or if we go for a 4-2-3-1 he'll be in the 10 role behind Bamford.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Tyler Roberts departure confirmed....

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... rs-on-loan
On loan, that's interesting.
Either
A. The club see a future for him here if he can kick on with regular game time, or at least they see his value increasing with good performances in the championship.
B. QPR were reluctant to spend what we were asking for a player with a poor recent record.
Perhaps a combination of the two.
Good luck to him
Agree that it is a combination of the two but to a point. Unless he absolutely pulls up trees out on loan LUFC hope that he will play a lot of games, look decent and increase in what we might be able to sell him for. Going forward, whether he has a future at Leeds is debatable IMHO. Also, looking at QPR strategy on buying players, they will not be stumping up £4.5m for Tyler or anything remotely close to it. It is not their style. What they have is a player for a season and that is as far as they will wish to go. At the end of the season they will review and do the same again either with TR or some other player but they will not be taking up the option to buy
Keep The Faith / WAL
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

Finally, LB might be on the horizon - somehow and hopefully:

Leeds United battle Fulham to sign Genk left-back Gerard Arteaga. Source MOT
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Barlow Boy wrote:So, forgive my lack of knowledge on the new players, and I’m including some of those potentially to be signed and putting some players ahead of others (e.g Kristenson/Ayling) but would we be looking at something like this....

Meslier
Roca,Adams,
Raphinha, Aaronsson,Sinisterra,
CDK
Meslier
Adams,Roca,
CDK, Aaronsson,Sinisterra,
Bamford

If it is this formation and Raph went and we got CDK

Meslier
Adams,Roca,
Aaronsson,Sinisterra,
CDK Bamford

Is the more likely 4222 lineup but with plenty of different combos up front and plenty of rotation.
I imagine the back 6 will be fairly regular.

Bench:
Harrison,James,Rodrigo Joffy,Koch,Struijk,Forshaw,Ayling,Dallas,Klich,Greenwood,Summerville etc is a massive improvement on last year

It is pretty much what I hoped would happen so far. backup GK and Striker and we are at the sweet spot and probably money on to win the league or at least the poor mans double :D

Would be lovely to have a cup run now we have a half decent sized squad because I can't remember our last decent one. Villa obviously but very little sticks out after mid 90's, Was that Wilkos last year or second last ? I know he got sacked after scum one of those years or close to it.

I won't be shocked to see a few go either. If we keep both James and Harrison I suspect we will have 2 primary formations. 4222 and 4231
I would not be shocked to see Harrison go and get replaced by a DM or a left back if we got the 30 mill we are asking for.
brayster1972
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by brayster1972 »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote: Yep welcome - and welcome to the liveliest thread on the forum, at the liveliest time of year :lol:
I’ve been reading for years thought I’d take the plunge and join in! MOT
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

brayster1972 wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote: Yep welcome - and welcome to the liveliest thread on the forum, at the liveliest time of year :lol:
I’ve been reading for years thought I’d take the plunge and join in! MOT
Greetings and welcome Brayster1972 :wave: :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Guys, his name is Kristensen.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

superfox wrote:Guys, his name is Kristensen.
Some can't spell if the name doesn't end with a vowel. ;) :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Another left back rumour on twitter this evening, Josh Tymon from Stoke City.

Maybe folks will start calming down now we're actually getting linked with left backs :lol: