2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by corkleedsmot »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Another left back rumour on twitter this evening, Josh Tymon from Stoke City.

Maybe folks will start calming down now we're actually getting linked with left backs :lol:
You know him? Don't think I have ever seen this kid ( if he is a kid) havent watch a Stoke gane since my fav centre back left :lolno:
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

corkleedsmot wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Another left back rumour on twitter this evening, Josh Tymon from Stoke City.

Maybe folks will start calming down now we're actually getting linked with left backs :lol:
You know him? Don't think I have ever seen this kid ( if he is a kid) havent watch a Stoke gane since my fav centre back left :lolno:
Can't say I do, other than seeing him in football manager when searching for English left backs, which doesn't exactly qualify as knowing him :D

I'm also just happy to see that we might be looking for another left back, it was a glaring gap in coverage and arguably quality in the squad, so I hope the rumours are at least correct in the fact that we're looking. I haven't really thought about good left back targets for us, I know people are not entirely tongue in cheek when suggesting we take Charlie Taylor back, but that feels a bit pedestrian to me.

No clue about this Stoke lad or the other lad, Gerard Arteaga, we've been linked with today though.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:

Can't say I do, other than seeing him in football manager when searching for English left backs, which doesn't exactly qualify as knowing him :D

I'm also just happy to see that we might be looking for another left back, it was a glaring gap in coverage and arguably quality in the squad, so I hope the rumours are at least correct in the fact that we're looking. I haven't really thought about good left back targets for us, I know people are not entirely tongue in cheek when suggesting we take Charlie Taylor back, but that feels a bit pedestrian to me.

No clue about this Stoke lad or the other lad, Gerard Arteaga, we've been linked with today though.
Yeah I had kinda hoped Harrison would be seen as that as he is not an obvious choice in 4222 and with sinisterra coming in he might be inverted on the right. I like the idea of Taylor or Tagliafico as solid but cheap options. I think I have seen Orteaga a few times but the one that sticks out is the 0-0 vs USA where the game was total chaos and very hard to judge a player in. I lost money in that game too so maybe I have repressed it :D
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Corberan has left his position at Huddersfield. Long shot but could he come back as a staff member this year or is he going to take a shot at Number 10 ? :D
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Leeds United set to unveil Luis Sinisterra signing from Feyenoord today

Phil Hay from The Athletic
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Leeds United set to unveil Luis Sinisterra signing from Feyenoord today

Phil Hay from The Athletic
Very happy with that one :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Am a tad excited about this one.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Graham Smyth
@GrahamSmyth

Luis Sinisterra signs for Leeds United from Feyenoord. Five-year deal. Fee believed to be in the region of €25m with add-ons.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

This is the best signing so far on paper.

I think Sinisterra, Kristensen and Aaronsen will become real fan favourites this year.