2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

Be surprised if Raph isn't gone soon, see him as the replacement unfortunately as would have liked another year out of him.
Hope I'm wrong.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Fair play to the board. As critical as I’ve been of them, they said that it was all about consolidating our position by surviving for two years and then pushing on from there. And that seems to be what they’re doing. I don’t know a lot about Sinisterra either, but 23 goals in 49 appearances last year, including 6 goals in Europe, is not to be sniffed at.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

What I really want to see now is a clear out of dead wood/development players. Such as:
Poveda
Casilla
Costa
Mccalmont
Mckinstry
Bogusz

They are all listed in terms official squad page and I don't see any of them being good enough to even play a bench role at the moment. Poveda or Costa perhaps could stay but not both as we already have Harisson, Summerville, Sinisterra, James amd those 2 on the wings.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:What I really want to see now is a clear out of dead wood/development players. Such as:
Poveda
Casilla
Costa
Mccalmont
Mckinstry
Bogusz

They are all listed in terms official squad page and I don't see any of them being good enough to even play a bench role at the moment. Poveda or Costa perhaps could stay but not both as we already have Harisson, Summerville, Sinisterra, James amd those 2 on the wings.
Bit harsh listing a 19year old with what you consider dead wood.
What has he done wrong?
Sure not near the first team at this stage but surely we should let him continue his development with the U23's and see.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Selby White wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:What I really want to see now is a clear out of dead wood/development players. Such as:
Poveda
Casilla
Costa
Mccalmont
Mckinstry
Bogusz

What has he done wrong?
Sure not near the first team at this stage but surely we should let him continue his development with the U23's and see.
Jumping the gun Selby, I said deadwood or development. Deadwood meaning Casilla in particular but also probably Costa and Poveda. So for the rest I'd like them t9 go out on loan is what I'm saying rather than playing U23s or not at all for us
Last edited by HalifaxWhite on 07 Jul 2022, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Thom Kirwin has never been so busy doing all these interviews :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the new players have come across well to be fair.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

It remains to be seen how well each individual works out but I have to say I am impressed we've got all these targets in at the start of pre-season before we even go on tour.

We might be criticising the quality of some of these players in a few months (hopefully not!) but you have to at least give Orta and the board credit for moving decisively and getting their business done. A lot of other clubs, and us in previous years, are moaning bucketfulls that there's no movement on their recruitment.

It's bonkers after getting 6 new players in that we still need 2-3 more but if we do get another forward and a left back this is going to have been one hell of a transfer window, a senior backup keeper would be icing on the cake too.

Feels like we're actually going to have a real squad next year - now just got to hope 'most' of the new lads turn out well!
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Plenty of folk want to knock Radz and Orta but these look to be quality signings am looking forward to seeing them play. They’ve certainly spent the cash this window hopefully showing our intent.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Poveda
Casilla
Costa
Mccalmont
Mckinstry
Bogusz

What has he done wrong?
Jumping the gun Selby, I said deadwood or development. Deadwood meaning Casilla in particular but also probably Costa and Poveda. So for the rest I'd like them t9 go out on loan is what I'm saying rather than playing U23s or not at all for us
Can see that but I think U23's is right for McKinstry then maybe loan further down the line.
It's a tough call which young uns would benefit from a loan out and which will develop better at u23 level.
Don't know how Bogusz has done on loan at one stage he was touted as the next big thing, decision for JM.

Most of the others the benefit is probably getting them off the wage bill.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I reckon the powers that be realised after the Brentford game just how close we were to relegation and probably knowing we would Kalvin and Rafa and in all fairness to them they’ve moved very quickly and brought in players who look class.
It’ll be interesting to see the starting line up vs Wolves I couldn’t even hazard guess at the moment but it’ll me a marvellous headache for Jesse.