2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by HalifaxWhite »

He is so like Rapha is so many ways, but also two footed. He even did the spin and nutmeg move that Raph did to Cahill :o

Also when a club does a goodbye video you know they've been special. Not all players get one of those.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

HalifaxWhite wrote: Also when a club does a goodbye video you know they've been special. Not all players get one of those.
Most of the players we’ve signed seem to have been warmly ‘waved off, by their selling clubs fans (like us and Kalvin). Always a good sign for me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Barlow Boy wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote: Also when a club does a goodbye video you know they've been special. Not all players get one of those.
Most of the players we’ve signed seem to have been warmly ‘waved off, by their selling clubs fans (like us and Kalvin). Always a good sign for me.
Yeah, makes me hopeful that they're all good lads and there's no primadonas or asshats. As I think SW mentioned a few pages back, the only worry with this much recruitment is dressing room disharmony with so many new voices at once.

JM and our "leadership council" are going to have their hands full integrating so many new faces, I think our senior lads are up to the job though, Coops is a really solid Captain to lead that effort.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
He is so like Rapha is so many ways, but also two footed. He even did the spin and nutmeg move that Raph did to Cahill :o

Also when a club does a goodbye video you know they've been special. Not all players get one of those.
My thoughts exactly. Wonder if he takes wicked free kicks and pens too. Makes losing Raph a lot more bearable. Add a quality 1st team ready left back into the mix and on paper it'd look like a good chance of top half. If they stay fit, I think Paddy and Joe might be enough fire power with this squad behind them.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I mentioned a few days ago about Raphinha being all left foot. I do think this fella will be a step up.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

I think they'll let Barca have rapha for a bit less now to be honest. Maybe 50mil. It's the move he wants and we have a replacement. I don't want us to do that but I think we will.

Also what did Mane go to Bayern for? 25mil? Look at his record, yes he older but he's 20 goals a season for the past few years.
Professor Giles
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Professor Giles »

A story on YP and Football Insider that Carlos Corberan might be coming back to Leeds. He did a great job with Huddersfield and was an integral part of the Bielsa machine. Apparently, Orta is still very friendly with him. Would love to see it happen, but could be disruptive also as Jesse has his own team and ideas. Thoughts on this?
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Professor Giles wrote:A story on YP and Football Insider that Carlos Corberan might be coming back to Leeds. He did a great job with Huddersfield and was an integral part of the Bielsa machine. Apparently, Orta is still very friendly with him. Would love to see it happen, but could be disruptive also as Jesse has his own team and ideas. Thoughts on this?
Love to see CC back in ER, but to me it would smack of 'here's your replacement if things don't go well... no pressure Jesse'
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

kk white wrote:
Professor Giles wrote:A story on YP and Football Insider that Carlos Corberan might be coming back to Leeds. He did a great job with Huddersfield and was an integral part of the Bielsa machine. Apparently, Orta is still very friendly with him. Would love to see it happen, but could be disruptive also as Jesse has his own team and ideas. Thoughts on this?
Love to see CC back in ER, but to me it would smack of 'here's your replacement if things don't go well... no pressure Jesse'
Be a very good move for Leeds United on the face of it but not at all for Jesse Marsch who would be mad to agree to such an arrangement. Also, it would be a highly questionable move by the Board and would undermine JM IMHO
Can't see it happening myself.
Keep The Faith / WAL