Would you change the current Leeds United badge?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Would you change the current Leeds United badge?

Yes - to a new fan chosen/voted design
14%
Yes - reverted to a previous badge (e.g. smiley or the white rose)
57%
Yes - no preference on how or what it's changed to, just make sure it has Leeds on it
2%
No
27%

Total votes: 49

smugboy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Would you change the current Leeds United badge?

Post by smugboy »

I grew up with the Yorkshire Rose logo so for me it'd be that one, however I’ve kind of got used to the current one.

Anyway here is my take on the Yorkshire Rose Logo.

Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

smugboy wrote:I grew up with the Yorkshire Rose logo so for me it'd be that one, however I’ve kind of got used to the current one.

Anyway here is my take on the Yorkshire Rose Logo.
The conversion of the rose to geometric circles, makes it less obvious its a yorkshire rose.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

According to Edoardo Cellino, we're currently redesigning the badge.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

We're with macron, mate, whatever happens will have silly blue arrows on our kit's shoulders.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

SiMamu wrote:We're with macron, mate, whatever happens will have silly blue arrows on our kit's shoulders.
Only for another year I believe. Hopefully we switch after that, I doubt it though.
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

@Aaron- our best badge if we talk about our previous badges :thumbup:

please don't change a badge now for a completely new (Cellino's badge)
sorry but when I look at the media I don't trust Cellinos family for now...but I see also that many people already worship Massimo
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

CrisPeacock wrote:@Aaron- our best badge if we talk about our previous badges :thumbup:

please don't change a badge now for a completely new (Cellino's badge)
sorry but when I look at the media I don't trust Cellinos family for now...but I see also that many people already worship Massimo
I'd be surprised if any fan of LUFC worshipped Cellino or any other owner. Many fans (me) are grateful he stepped up to the plate and wish him well. There may be some blind faith about but must folk are wary I think but hoping/dreaming.

The badge though, that's just the worst we've ever had, it's not really our badge, it's a corporate logo built by Ridsdale (from memory). The Leeds crest would be a proper badge or the simple LUFC embroidered text (to repeat an earlier post - apologies). I hope Cellino changes the badge and much else. We need to shake off a few cobwebs and reignite the fan base.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Leeds Leeds Leeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Leeds Leeds Leeds »

I love the smiley but it's just for nostalgia, it just wouldn't look right as a 'new' badge in the 21st centuary. When the smiley was introduced no one had ever heard of emoticons, but let's face it, to anyone other than a Leeds fan, emoticon is what they see when they look at that badge. I never want the smiley to die, it's part of our heritage, and I'll always be happy to wear it on my retro shirts but it's not for the future it's very much the past. The smiley is as much 1970's as a K-Tel record.

I'm not a huge fan of the current crest because it reminds me of Ridsdale, but it also reminds me of great times in the champions league and it has become instantly recognisable throughout the country, Europe and beyond.

However, I would like to see a change. I'd like to see a redesign of the City Coat of Arms customised for the football club with the central shield replaced with the current Leeds United crest. The Scrol could simply read Leeds United AFC, and if you like, replace the top owl with a peacock. By keeping the current crest we remain recognisable but the coat of arms gives us a more classy look and it's NEW. Also, for all the retro fans, you've got Owl's, LUFC script, the rose, a peacock and of course the current crest. 5 in 1, but no smiley unfortunately, it just doesn't work today.

Just a thought :)
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

I don't like the current badge and welcome a change, but I'm surprised at the speed of Cellino in changing the badge. I'm sure its down the list of things to do. I really hope they engage with the fans and get our views on the new badge. There are some handy people on this forum that could design a decent badge! I know its not a case of pleasing everybody, but we buy the shirts and wear it with pride, so it would be good to have an input.