2013/14 - Transfer rumours and squad discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Charian
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: 2013/14 - Transfer rumours and squad discussions

Post by Charian »

Austin91 wrote:I do rate Zaliukas, what about Wooten though? I really rate it him and can't understand why he hasnt been given a proper run out in the team. He has a cooler head then Lees and everytime ive seen him play hes got good positioning and looks more solid aswell
How old is Wooten? He's still very young anyway, I rate him to, he's had a few poor games, but literally everyone has. I heard BM say in an interview he can play rb, cb and cm. I have to say I only see him as a centre half. I still think Zaliukas and Pearce would be our best partnership, I think we could get good money for Tom Lees if we were to sell him. We will not know how good a player will be if they are in and out though. Tom Lees has now been a first team player for almost 3 seasons. And defensively we have been poor for these 3 seasons. Maybe it's time we moved him on. That would be controversial, but it's like Aidan White, just because he's a Leeds lad and came through the academy, doesn't mean he has to stay.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

He was probably there to have a look at how could Rochdale beat us in the cup..... :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Wootton played for Man U in the Champions league and also in the semi final of the League cup against Chelsea and played really well against their best side, until he tired at the end and let Chelsea back in to the game, but for 80 minutes he was excellent. He is only young, he has bags of potential, he has really good pedigree, he is big and strong and is only in the early stages of his development and I think he will be a very good centre half in two to four years or so.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

When asked where Paddy Kenny is:
Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY · 4h
@Priceyleeds88 out of favour says BM
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Ferris
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Ferris »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ract-talks

McCormack wanting a new contract already???
Somehow I feel that if Cellino wants to keep Ross he'll ignore any offers and won't be panicking and offering him another new contract just yet.
Surely if he isn't sold then that should be enough proof that Cellino has plans for him next season :crazy:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Ferris wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ract-talks

Somehow I feel that if Cellino wants to keep Ross he'll ignore any offers and won't be panicking and offering him another new contract just yet.
Surely if he isn't sold then that should be enough proof that Cellino has plans for him next season :crazy:
I think whatever Cellino decides to do with Ross is up to him as long as we see the funds spent on new players and result in a far better team/squad. Let's face it, Ross has almost been a one man team this year, top scorer in the league and it would be nice to keep him and bring in quality players around him, but as long as we have a stronger squad at the start of next season, that's fine by me. Wholesale changes are needed though, the attitude of many of the current squad has been dire this year and if they get shown the door, it's all they deserve and it's the only thing they have worked hard for.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Would be dissapointment if we sold Ross for less than £5m and would like to see us hold out for £6m plus as Huddersfield did with Rhodes.
Charian
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Charian »

Ferris wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ract-talks

I don't think it's that McCormackis worried about if Cellino wants him or not. In the modern game,if clubs come in for a player and are willing to offer say an extra £10,000pw or more and the club rejects this, plus give him the chance to play in the PL, the player has leverage for a bit more money. Especially if you have scored 29 goals that season, been by far the best player and are the captain. He will probably want an improved deal, not a brand new one. Slightly more bonuses, salary up a bit and longer term, say maybe a 5 year deal. Very common situation really, and you can hardly argue with his reasoning.

A few years back when Spurs refused to sell Modric to Madrid, Redknapp came out and said he was sure Levy would improve his contract because they refused to let him go to a bigger club, with bigger money for a huge fee.
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

The calibre of signings I would like to see in the summer.
Goalkeeper - Daniel Bentley or Jack Butland
Defenders - Declan John (loan) Jores Okore (loan)
Midfielders - Gary Gardner (loan) James Henry, Jason Lowe
Strikers - Lewis Grabban, Troy Deeney, Marvin Sordell
Obviously not all of these players or any of them but players of the same quality.
Starting XI next year would look something like this

Butland/Bentley
Byram, Okore, Wooton, John
Austin/Gardner
Lowe, Murphy, Henry
McCormack, Grabban

Subs- Cairns, Pearce, White, Mowatt, Dawson, Smith, Poleon
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!