2013/14 - Transfer rumours and squad discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 2013/14 - Transfer rumours and squad discussions

Post by jjrgreeney »

gilesdriveby wrote:
jjrgreeney wrote:I think our defence isn't actually as far off as people think I just think it lacks a leader, we need an experienced CB to come in between Pearce and Byram and RB who can lead the back line and I would keep Warnock at left back, we just need a leader in the middle, also think a big presence in goal is required too, I would like to keep butland but it doesn't look likely so a keeper who can command the area is a big thing for us.

other than that I think we need to bring in some quality width and some one else to come in with murphy in the middle of the park, if we keep ross strikers aren't as big of a concern as if we bring these types of players in more will be created and chip in with some goals themselves.
I wouldn't mind a striker in on loan as well, in case Ross isn't as prolific next year. Can't see Hunt or Smith being a regular scorer. Maybe Cellino has some contacts!

I agree but if we are to bring in some more wide players they tend to chip in with a few goals especially if we are to play a 4-3-3 which is a preferred of BMC when he was his pacey wide players, we do need a goal getter from the middle of the park also. Smith is a good option to have in my opinion and if we keep ross and maybe have a young lad in the wings that could be enough, but I too would like us to sign a pacey forward who is exciting.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Yes, Yes and Yes.....................clutching at straws but seems Cellino's son has been opening his trap again.....................

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/massi ... y-picture/
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

dskimcbski wrote:Yes, Yes and Yes.....................clutching at straws but seems Cellino's son has been opening his trap again.....................

Financially this is do-able whilst cellino owns both clubs - however persuading the players will be the issue - ironically it might be easier to sign all three than just one of them....
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dskimcbski wrote:Yes, Yes and Yes.....................clutching at straws but seems Cellino's son has been opening his trap again.....................

Wouldn't this be absolutely fantastic if it happened?

We can dream a dream and who knows ..... That dream might come true.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dskimcbski

Post by dskimcbski »

isrodger wrote:

Financially this is do-able whilst cellino owns both clubs - however persuading the players will be the issue - ironically it might be easier to sign all three than just one of them....
Ha-I'll take all three, all day long................... :thumbup:

Surely if Cellino,(Eleonora)owns their contracts I don't see how the players can refuse. I know there's more to it technically than there looks to be but surely a company can deploy its workers/assets where they are needed? And boy are they needed..........

Didn't the Italians who own Watford,(Fozzi's) do something similar with their Udinese players last season and to a fair extent this season also.? Its not breaking the rules,just flexing them abit :crazy:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

If Ibarbo was sold to another club the fee would be over £15,000,000. I don't see him being interested.
dskimcbski

Post by dskimcbski »

Aces wrote:

Wouldn't this be absolutely fantastic if it happened?

We can dream a dream and who knows ..... That dream might come true.
Nothing wrong with dreaming the dream Jim. I'd wait abit before getting too 'giddy-kipperish' about it though.

Great thing is this year we can have some positivity about the summer, again I wouldn't get too carried away but we have a maverick with money now,apposed to a bank with none..... :thumbup:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Your right mate, for the first time in ten years, I feel some optimism about this summers transfer window, it's quite exciting, but ...... There's always a but, only time will tell whether Cellino is THE MAN we think he is.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dskimcbski

Post by dskimcbski »

Aaron wrote:If Ibarbo was sold to another club the fee would be over £15,000,000. I don't see him being interested.
My point being mate, if your boss or whoever pays your wages tells you he's opened a new store/branch/department somewhere and he wants you to lead the way and help that subsidiary grow and survive possibly leading to a massive career,(Premiership)would you argue with him??

Fair enough Ibarbo has an agent etc and there is more red tape to it than that but I still think my point's kind of valid :oops:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

The only problem with footballers is if they don't want to do something they won't do it, we have just had 3 months of no show football from nearly all our team and it's just the way the modern game is, footballers hold most of the power unfortunately.